Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne January meet??

Melbourne January meet??

Old Dec 13th 2004, 5:53 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne January meet??

Bordy? Anya? Are we setting a date for the meet we were all talking about for January?

I dont have any particular preference, we can be flexible at the moment.

Hels
Old Dec 13th 2004, 7:18 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Melbourne January meet??

Originally Posted by Hels
Bordy? Anya? Are we setting a date for the meet we were all talking about for January?

I dont have any particular preference, we can be flexible at the moment.

Hels
Hiya,

Sounds a good plan. How about 22 or 29 Jan? (The later it is in Jan the more the likes of Caz / Tony etc will have got over their jet lag )

Cheers,

Anya.
Old Dec 13th 2004, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Melbourne January meet??

Any weekends towards end of Jan would be fine for us. Looking forward to meeting some more expats and families.

LOL

Mel
Old Dec 13th 2004, 10:33 am
Account Closed

The 22/23rd of Jan would be better for us as its my Nephews birthday on the following weekend, and as I havent been around for his last few birthdays....I would be DEADMEAT ( ) if I wasnt there for that.....

Also, for the people with kiddies, they will be probably doing the last run around for school stuff etc on that last weekend, wont they??

So thats my vote!! 22/23 of Jan......

Hels
Old Dec 13th 2004, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
The 22/23rd of Jan would be better for us as its my Nephews birthday on the following weekend, and as I havent been around for his last few birthdays....I would be DEADMEAT ( ) if I wasnt there for that.....

Also, for the people with kiddies, they will be probably doing the last run around for school stuff etc on that last weekend, wont they??

So thats my vote!! 22/23 of Jan......

Hels
I could do either at the moment. Would appreciate a date being set as friends(not mentioning anyone in particular Hels) are asking me when I'm visiting them! Helinuk
Old Dec 13th 2004, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Hiya,

Sounds a good plan. How about 22 or 29 Jan? (The later it is in Jan the more the likes of Caz / Tony etc will have got over their jet lag )

Cheers,

Anya.
Cheers Anya - that has brightened up a s*** day for me !

We'll be there
Old Dec 14th 2004, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

I can make the 22nd.

Will be lovely to catch up with Helinuk (can you believe that it's been over a year since I picked you up from Doncaster!!) and to meet Hels and all the new expats recently arrived.
Old Dec 14th 2004, 2:00 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

22nd good for me to, anyone got a venue in mind??
Old Dec 14th 2004, 4:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy

Erm.....There is a lovely BBQ area here in Bendigo, right by the lake??
Old Dec 14th 2004, 6:53 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bordy
22 Jan's good for us too.

ISTR someone mentioned a picnic place near (or in!) the Melb Botanic Garden??? Anyone know anything about it?

Cheers
Anya.
Old Dec 14th 2004, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Nessa will become famous soon enoughNessa will become famous soon enough

Hello,

We arrived in Victoria (Croydon) on 24th November, no internet access yet (this is my new home - local library). We (my husband and 9 year old daughter) would love to meet end of Jan, does anyone know where I can hire a washing machine until mine arrives (praying mid Jan!) Thanks, Nessa
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Melbourne January meet??

Originally Posted by Nessa
Hello,

We arrived in Victoria (Croydon) on 24th November, no internet access yet (this is my new home - local library). We (my husband and 9 year old daughter) would love to meet end of Jan, does anyone know where I can hire a washing machine until mine arrives (praying mid Jan!) Thanks, Nessa

Welcome to Melbourne, we (me, husband, 3 kids 13, 11 & 5 - husband now back in Uk until Feb) arrived 3rd Nov, living in Mentone. You can hire a washing machine from Radio Rentals, we were going to and then decided to buy one in the end. Looking forward to seeing you at the Jan meet up.
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:19 am
Account Closed

I guess Bendigo wasnt a popular option???

I dont have any suggestions as its been years since I have been BBQ'ing in Melbourne and cant remember anywhere....

We will be happy to go wherever is settled on.....

Hels
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be happy with the botanic gardens.
Just a thought but as its summer what about meeting at a beach? would parking be difficult?
I'm no expert (although I did stroll along a few beaches last time )
Brighton has a cafe at the middle baths, & toilets at Dendy beach. Where are the resident expats with the local info? Give us a few ideas!

Jaykay I can't believe its over a year either! Looking forward to catching up with you too.
Helinuk....who wishes she was in Melbourne right now!
Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

What about the place we met up at last November....Westerfold Park at Templestowe?

They've got lots of BBQ's, a big play area for the kids, and lots of bike tracks. There's even a big undercover area if it rains!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.