Reload this Page >

Melbourne Housing - Recommendations

Wikiposts

Melbourne Housing - Recommendations

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

LukeP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne Housing - Recommendations

Anyone has experience in Melbourne property market please share your thoughts and experience.

Location, price, mortgage providers, agent recommendation would be great.

Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2009, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Housing - Recommendations

That is a question which cannot be answered.

Melbourne and suburbs cover an area as large as greater London...

Prices range from about 200,000 to 30,000,000 for property.
Location can be inner city, out in the sticks, near the water, near the freeway...all of which impact price.

If you look at something like realestate.com.au to get an idea of the variety on offer, it might might help get more of an idea.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pomster
That is a question which cannot be answered.

Melbourne and suburbs cover an area as large as greater London...

Prices range from about 200,000 to 30,000,000 for property.
Location can be inner city, out in the sticks, near the water, near the freeway...all of which impact price.

If you look at something like realestate.com.au to get an idea of the variety on offer, it might might help get more of an idea.
Exactly as pomster says...

Only would add that the others are

domain.com.au

realestateview.com.au

Other than that, it's down to you to see what suits your needs when you get here, as everywhere is different.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

I find Property.com.au the easiest to use of the lot.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:40 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LukeP
Anyone has experience in Melbourne property market please share your thoughts and experience.

Location, price, mortgage providers, agent recommendation would be great.

Thanks
Location : do you have work ? where will you be working ? Do you want to live in the city, by the beach, or have a bit of space.

Price : What can you afford ? As already mentioned, anything from 200k upwards, but dont expect too much below 300k+

Mortgage providers : we used an agent that compared about 15 different providers, and we came out with the commonwealth for our needs. Everybody is different.

Agent : depends on location. First of all find a rental for 4-6 weeks in the area you "think" you would like to move to, then check out the area when there. Some agents are better than others, but when buying a house, if you see one that you like, you are stuck with the selling agent wether you like it or not
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:09 am
Just Joined

LukeP is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys.

I lived in Richmond along the Yarra 5 years ago. Very nice though but the prices went up the roof now.

I guess I still can afford the rental now but there are no good school around.

What we really want is somewhere close to the transport for easy access to CBD, close to school, close to church.

I read the report a while ago and they recommend Heideberg because of its proximity to the city and at that time is still relatively cheap.

Now my friends mentioned Clayton but I think it's a bit far away.