Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne hostels/hotels

Melbourne hostels/hotels

Old Mar 13th 2006, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Melbourne hostels/hotels

Hubby going on a reccie in May, anybody stayed at Pint on Punt or Melbourne oasis, or have you any recommendations, he would prefer a single room rather than a dorm but open to suggestions. B&Bs or guest houses. Any area half hour outside CBD or thereabouts. Thanx in advance Lol x
Old Mar 14th 2006, 5:36 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Melbourne hostels/hotels

Hi What's the price range you are looking at? How long for?

Look you don't say what age group you are in or what your priorities are but a (single) friend of mine wanted to see what backpackers places were like before she went off around Oz (31 yo). Although she had been staying with me she was a little frightened to go off alone so opted for the security of spending a few nights in a Hostel knowing if it was dreadful I was only 15 mins away.
She went in a shared dorm but private ones are available at this place and she felt very comfortable- airport pick up, breakfast included not far into the city. I would hate it but my single/ partying days are well over after 11 years of marriage and 2 kids - couldn't think of anything worse than St Kilda! try it though or ask me for a less wild option if like me you were bored of partying once you hit your mid twenties!! -
http://www.hostelz.com/hostel/28964-...rs---St.-Kilda

How is Wigan? I'm from Oldham and another Mum at School is from Wigan. All the Ozzies can't believe how different our accents are when we lived so near in the UK and they say you can't tell much difference between states accents here and look at the huge area Australia covers!!

Good luck, stock up on chips, peas and gravy before you leave!

Louise x
Old Mar 14th 2006, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne hostels/hotels

Originally Posted by ljj
Hi What's the price range you are looking at? How long for?

Look you don't say what age group you are in or what your priorities are but a (single) friend of mine wanted to see what backpackers places were like before she went off around Oz (31 yo). Although she had been staying with me she was a little frightened to go off alone so opted for the security of spending a few nights in a Hostel knowing if it was dreadful I was only 15 mins away.
She went in a shared dorm but private ones are available at this place and she felt very comfortable- airport pick up, breakfast included not far into the city. I would hate it but my single/ partying days are well over after 11 years of marriage and 2 kids - couldn't think of anything worse than St Kilda! try it though or ask me for a less wild option if like me you were bored of partying once you hit your mid twenties!! -
http://www.hostelz.com/hostel/28964-...rs---St.-Kilda

How is Wigan? I'm from Oldham and another Mum at School is from Wigan. All the Ozzies can't believe how different our accents are when we lived so near in the UK and they say you can't tell much difference between states accents here and look at the huge area Australia covers!!

Good luck, stock up on chips, peas and gravy before you leave!

Louise x

thanks for the reply just going over to check out schools,housing, work etc but like you married with 3 kids my partying days are behind me .Trying to find a single room somewhere they dont party all night ,although i dont mind a party but not all night .Which area are you in can you recomend any nice areas to live within half an hours commute of Melbourne ? Wigan just had a couple of inches of snow but it didnt make it look any better Dont tell me i cant get chips, peas and gravy :scared: oh well as long as i can get a kebab. thanks keith