Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Holiday rentals

Melbourne Holiday rentals

Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Location: Canberra for 2 days......bored....now Narrabeen on Sydneys northern Beaches
mcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Melbourne Holiday rentals

anyone know of any good sites for melbourne holiday rentals to stay in when you first arrive before sorting out a more permanant rental. i have been looking on melbournestayz.com.au but all seem very expensive!!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

layla950 will become famous soon enoughlayla950 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Melbourne Holiday rentals

I will be watching this thread too. We were thinking along the lines of a camp site. Maybe one of these.
http://melbourne.vic.big4.com.au/public/

Only 2 of us so we dont have to be too fussy. Though some of the cabins look ok.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:05 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Try http://www.accommodate-oz.com.au/

Good rates & friendly owners.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Scottiew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Layla950

Me and o/h have to be there for end of June, we also been looking at the Big4 Dandenong tourist park and the 2 person cabin looks ok until we find perm rental
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bordy
Try http://www.accommodate-oz.com.au/

Good rates & friendly owners.
Thanks Bordy. Bookmarked that to my list. Looks like a good service. Could be very helpfull for us newbies.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scottiew
Hi Layla950

Me and o/h have to be there for end of June, we also been looking at the Big4 Dandenong tourist park and the 2 person cabin looks ok until we find perm rental
Hi Scottiew. Yes i think we could handle living in something like that for a few weeks till we find a rental. Not sure when we will get there though. Did you have a look at that link above. Not much more expensive for a cottage with a few extras too.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

You could also try this crowd

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel.../accommodation
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:18 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcstu1
anyone know of any good sites for melbourne holiday rentals to stay in when you first arrive before sorting out a more permanant rental. i have been looking on melbournestayz.com.au but all seem very expensive!!
We stayed at Crystalbrook Holiday Park in Doncaster East. The hillside villas in particular are fresh and new-all mod cons, swimming pool, blow up trampoline for kids, 40 mins to CBD. Lovely natural setting-breakfast on the balcony surrounded by singing birds and leaping possums! Friendly staff-we stayed 3 weeks and found it a nice, peaceful place to come home to after a long days house-hunting.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:22 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoolsB
We stayed at Crystalbrook Holiday Park in Doncaster East. The hillside villas in particular are fresh and new-all mod cons, swimming pool, blow up trampoline for kids, 40 mins to CBD. Lovely natural setting-breakfast on the balcony surrounded by singing birds and leaping possums! Friendly staff-we stayed 3 weeks and found it a nice, peaceful place to come home to after a long days house-hunting.
PS Whilst Crystalbrook is fabuous be aware that some of the other holiday parks have a large number of permanent (less than desirable) residents who have domestics. We heard of one incidence (I wont say where) recently involving a handgun.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JoolsB
PS Whilst Crystalbrook is fabuous be aware that some of the other holiday parks have a large number of permanent (less than desirable) residents who have domestics. We heard of one incidence (I wont say where) recently involving a handgun.
We're booked in with these people http://www.australianhomeaway.com.au/

and they are letting our cats stay too.