melbourne here i come...

Wikiposts

melbourne here i come...

Old May 19th 2004, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

dawn a is an unknown quantity at this point
Default melbourne here i come...

Hiya guys,

We are nearly there. Had some boxes shipped off last week. Now we have less than 2 weeks to go. Seems like we've been waiting ages to get here, now i wish i had an extra week or two...Does anyone else feel like that?

Saying goodbye everyday now, and enjoying the time left with friends and family more than ever before! I know i'll be missing them soon enough.

Is anyone leaving on the 1/06 on Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong to arrive in Melbourne on the 3/06? It would be great to catch up with anyone leaving around that time.

wishing you all well

dawnxx
Old May 19th 2004, 8:09 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: melbourne here i come...

Originally posted by dawn a
Hiya guys,

We are nearly there. Had some boxes shipped off last week. Now we have less than 2 weeks to go. Seems like we've been waiting ages to get here, now i wish i had an extra week or two...Does anyone else feel like that?

Saying goodbye everyday now, and enjoying the time left with friends and family more than ever before! I know i'll be missing them soon enough.

Is anyone leaving on the 1/06 on Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong to arrive in Melbourne on the 3/06? It would be great to catch up with anyone leaving around that time.

wishing you all well

dawnxx

Good luck with it Dawn, don't put the shorts on just yet though, its pretty chilly over here.
Old May 19th 2004, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Hi Bordy,

well its really warm over here for a change - the room temp is 25!
How cold is chilly?

What are you doing up at this time of night?
Old May 19th 2004, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Hi Bordy,

How cold is chilly?

Old May 19th 2004, 8:16 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Hi Bordy,

How cold is chilly?

Its been down around 5 degrees at night but 18 during the day. Ive just finished my nightshift & heading to bed soon.
Hopefully you will be well settled before the Summer arrives & you can enjoy it.
Old May 19th 2004, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Good luck in your new life and hope you have a safe and pleasant journey.
Old May 19th 2004, 9:26 am
the place to be

daveg is an unknown quantity at this point

HI
We are off a day or two before you. We leave on Sun 29th, arrive Mon 31st May; flying with Malaysia Airlines. Send us a PM if you like !!
PS Bordy, about these airbeds......
Old May 19th 2004, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

thfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Check the date

Originally posted by daveg
HI
We are off a day or two before you. We leave on Sun 29th, arrive Mon 31st May; flying with Malaysia Airlines. Send us a PM if you like !!
You just had me running to check my calender, Sunday is the 30th not the 29th.We fly out with Sinapore airlines at 12 oclock to Melbourne.Does your flight leave at 10 pm,as that was the other flight we were looking at.Cheers
Old May 19th 2004, 10:45 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Fellow Melburnians!

Looks like quite a few of us headed this way - we'll be moving over for good sometime July-Aug (depends on finishing up with UK house sale).

Maybe we should plan on another Expats meetup Aug/early Sept??

See y'all on the other side!

Cheers
Anya.
Old May 19th 2004, 5:27 pm
The Godfather

Originally posted by daveg
HI
No problem Dave, if you need them PM me.
Old May 19th 2004, 6:43 pm
the place to be

daveg is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry about the date mix up, it's cos we are leaving home on the 29th, travelling to the airport hotel for the Sat night and flying out on Sun 30th, arr Mon 31st. Our flight leaves Sun morning.
Old May 19th 2004, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

hiya,

thanks all, & Daveg - i'll PM you.

My bore/chore for today its sorting through the freezer to try to organise a meal for each night until we leave. Last night we had fish finger and sausage salad (with frozen peas) hmmmm - it was lovely!

Good luck with the house sale, Anya - i hope it goes smoothly for you.

dawnx
Old May 19th 2004, 8:11 pm
The Godfather

hiya,

thanks all, & Daveg - i'll PM you.

My bore/chore for today its sorting through the freezer to try to organise a meal for each night until we leave. Last night we had fish finger and sausage salad (with frozen peas) hmmmm - it was lovely!

Good luck with the house sale, Anya - i hope it goes smoothly for you.

dawnx

Soon you can have shark & chips Dawn, or flake as its called here. BTW Its lovely.
Old May 20th 2004, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: melbourne here i come...

Dawn
We wish you a good journey to Melb. and hope you settle quickly.
Do you know which suburb you're going to live in?
Do you have jobs to go to? I love Melboune there is so much to do and there's a lovely mixture of housing old and new to chose from.
keep us posted, have fun

Helinuk
Old May 20th 2004, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

helenmaine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

We are leaving on Friday the 28th, arriving Melb the 30th (coming from the US)

Good luck with your journey!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.