Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Grand Prix - Anyone going?

Melbourne Grand Prix - Anyone going?

Old Mar 17th 2006, 2:03 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne Grand Prix - Anyone going?

Hey, just wondering if anyone else is going to the Melbourne Grand Prix.. we fly out on the 26th and shall be flying down to melbourne first after a night in sydney to see the GP we where at Belgium last year and was brilliant, any of you going?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 10:25 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne Grand Prix - Anyone going?

obviously not
Old Mar 17th 2006, 10:31 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScottyTee
obviously not
Oz isn't completely awake yet.

I'm sure there are as few F1 freaks out there.

I won't be there this year, but next year ........
Old Mar 17th 2006, 10:50 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

We're hoping to go but depends on work etc, will know nearer the time. When we lived in Holland we were able to use the F1 track as part of the normal road in Spa Francorchamps until they changed it and did a new road. It was great drivng along and going past the big band stand and the "start" grid!!!

Lorraine
Old Mar 17th 2006, 10:51 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
When we lived in Holland we were able to use the F1 track as part of the normal road in Spa Francorchamps until they changed it and did a new road. It was great drivng along and going past the big band stand and the "start" grid!!!

Lorraine
Don't you mean Belgium ?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:14 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by furkew
Don't you mean Belgium ?
Yes, that's where Spa is!!! But we used to drive from Holland into Belgium as it wasn't far as we lived near the border.

Lorraine
Old Mar 18th 2006, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ScottyTee
obviously not
hi i am going we are living in geelong and my goal before i came out was to watch it, and now i am

brill
paul
Old Mar 18th 2006, 1:31 am
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

I'm going. Never been to a GP and I'm not really a fan of motor sports, but my Dad's over at the time so he's bought us tickets. I've bought us tickets for Essendon v Sydney, the previous evening, so in for a sport filled weekend.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 6:13 am
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
Yes, that's where Spa is!!! But we used to drive from Holland into Belgium as it wasn't far as we lived near the border.

Lorraine
just kiddin.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Were going

We found a great spot last year which had the pub behind us and a BBQ next to us - perfect. Shame the kids weren't old enough to gets the beers in really.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 6:43 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

One of our reps at work phoned me on Friday and asked me to send out invitatations to three surgeons inviting them to join him on the start/finish line. I told him that if anybody couldn't make it he should offer my other half first refusal or he would never forgive me!

Binbird
Old Mar 18th 2006, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Were going

We found a great spot last year which had the pub behind us and a BBQ next to us - perfect. Shame the kids weren't old enough to gets the beers in really.

hi
are you goin to give us a clue where this perfect spot is, this is my first one so any inside info would be appreciated
cheers G-man
Old Mar 19th 2006, 12:09 pm
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by g-man
hi
are you goin to give us a clue where this perfect spot is, this is my first one so any inside info would be appreciated
cheers G-man
Yeah, me too. Sounds an ideal place to watch a Grand Prix. Is it in the general admission area?
Old Mar 19th 2006, 12:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its a superb track, and easy to walk round, so get there early and then you can choose a good spot by experimenting!
The Bloke and I have been marshals there for the last 2 years - can't make it this time owing to a small cyclone, a large credit card bill from our UK trip, and a lack of holiday - having use d it in the UK!
Ah well, theres always next year!

Have fun - its a really good place for a race and the atmosphere is second to none.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carl B
Yeah, me too. Sounds an ideal place to watch a Grand Prix. Is it in the general admission area?
It is general admission. I shall pull out the map this evening and post later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.