British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Melbourne Furniture store recommendations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/melbourne-furniture-store-recommendations-311270/)

Hels Jun 30th 2005 3:37 am

Melbourne Furniture store recommendations

Ok, need some help.

Am possibly coming to Melbourne this weekend to start my hunt for good quality contemporary furniture for the new house.

I really like hard wood for the table, chairs, entertainment unit, coffee tables etc.

I am also looking for good quality sofa's that are contemporary but comfortable.

Anyone that has any good places near them or that they have been to, please let me know. I dont fancy just wondering aimlessly through the streets of Melbourne all weekend.... :D

Cheers,

Hels

Jaykay Jun 30th 2005 3:53 am

Re: Melbourne Furniture store recommendations

Hi Hels

There are a couple of places where there are just strips of furniture shops on both sides of the road.

Try Whitehorse Road, Nunawading, or Frankston Dandenong Road in Dandenong.

I'm sure you'll find something with the amount of shops there :D

Regards

Hels Jun 30th 2005 4:00 am

Originally Posted by Jaykay
Hi Hels

There are a couple of places where there are just strips of furniture shops on both sides of the road.

Try Whitehorse Road, Nunawading, or Frankston Dandenong Road in Dandenong.

I'm sure you'll find something with the amount of shops there :D

Regards

Ahhhh now thats what I am talking about.....Concentrated Shopping!!

My kind of heaven!

Thanks J,

Hels

CasG Jun 30th 2005 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Hels
Ok, need some help.

Am possibly coming to Melbourne this weekend to start my hunt for good quality contemporary furniture for the new house.

I really like hard wood for the table, chairs, entertainment unit, coffee tables etc.

I am also looking for good quality sofa's that are contemporary but comfortable.

Anyone that has any good places near them or that they have been to, please let me know. I dont fancy just wondering aimlessly through the streets of Melbourne all weekend.... :D

Cheers,

Hels

There's Richmond too - that seemed pretty good...

I'm sure that we will see every furniture shop between Bendigo and Philip Island on Saturday :rolleyes: :D -

What will you do Sunday??

Return.........

Hels Jun 30th 2005 5:45 am

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
There's Richmond too - that seemed pretty good...

I'm sure that we will see every furniture shop between Bendigo and Philip Island on Saturday :rolleyes: :D -

What will you do Sunday??

Return.........

You really think we can do ALL the shops in Melbourne on Saturday and have to return on Sunday??

You obviously havent been shopping with me yet!!! :D ;)

CasG Jun 30th 2005 5:50 am

You really think we can do ALL the shops in Melbourne on Saturday and have to return on Sunday??

You obviously havent been shopping with me yet!!! :D ;)

Laying bets on it...........

You said window shopping - I bet you'll return on Sunday to see that lovely Dining table again.........especially if they have a 'buy now, pay later offer :D

As long as you can spare 10 mins for a coffee and a cig - you can drag me everywhere !!

Hels Jun 30th 2005 5:52 am

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Laying bets on it...........

You said window shopping - I bet you'll return on Sunday to see that lovely Dining table again.........especially if they have a 'buy now, pay later offer :D

As long as you can spare 10 mins for a coffee and a cig - you can drag me everywhere !!

LOL...we will see ;)

It should be fun tho. Just gotta talk Pauly into it now!!

CasG Jun 30th 2005 5:54 am

LOL...we will see ;)

It should be fun tho. Just gotta talk Pauly into it now!!

It will be....

Poor Paul :rolleyes: :D