Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne expats meet?

Melbourne expats meet?

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 7:57 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Melbourne expats meet?

Hi all,

Mr Anya & I are in Melbourne from 2-22 May for our validation trip. Yipppeee!

We wondered if you local expats would be up for having a 'meet-up' sometime while we're over? Lunch, dinner, drinking session, picnic, barbie, whatever - anything like that would be great!

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:18 am
Badge

Default Re: Melbourne expats meet?

ok.

Shout when. Me and the Missus will show.

Beemer

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep

The BooBoo's will attend aswell....The parks have bbqs here so we could go somewhere nice and bring some barbie food etc...

booboo
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 11:51 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by anya4oz
Hi all,

We wondered if you local expats would be up for having a 'meet-up' sometime while we're over? Lunch, dinner, drinking session, picnic, barbie, whatever - anything like that would be great!

Cheers,
Anya.
Yep count me and the clan in as well, cya then.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:00 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

Not hijacking but just asking......

Is this a regular thing that maybe ex-pats do meet up. I only ask as I will be over in Melbourne permanently between mid june and mid july........at long last its time.

Would there be the possibility of another meet in July for all those that may be interested?????

Bit of a while off but just wondered.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:01 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by ianj
Not hijacking but just asking......

Is this a regular thing that maybe ex-pats do meet up. I only ask as I will be over in Melbourne permanently between mid june and mid july........at long last its time.

Would there be the possibility of another meet in July for all those that may be interested?????

Bit of a while off but just wondered.
Yep sure do, good luck with the move and cya then for the expat meet-up when you arrive...
johanne
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:27 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Melbourne meet

A barbie sounds fun - will the weather be up to it, d'you think, or is it a case of bringing a brolly?! (actually I love rainy weather, so no problem there )

Would lunchtime/evening be best for you folks? We can do either.

How about on a Saturday (say 8 or 15 May)?

Does it get very busy in the parks on Sats (you can tell I live in the UK, where it's jam packed everywhere, whatever you do, on a Sat)?!

Look forward to meeting everybody!

Anya.

PS to Ian J - we're moving over perm, too, anytime between July- Aug, so sounds like there should deffo be a celebration of some sort to mark the event!
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:39 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm a celebration eh!!!!

People havent even met me and already they wish to celebrate my arrival.......give it a while and no doubt they will be wanting to celebrate my departure.

That sounds good Anya, would be a good way to meet new people, enjoy a few socials and find the best and worst bits of the new home.

Keep in touch and we can sort it if you like. PM & I will give my email address........should you wish.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 4:24 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Saturday 8th sounds good to me. Just need to find a venue. Will it be kids & adults???
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 5:59 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally posted by Bordy
Saturday 8th sounds good to me. Just need to find a venue. Will it be kids & adults???
Strictly no adults allowed, Bordy - just us kids

I would say that everyone's very welcome: grownies, kiddies, grannies, doggies and all.

Now, has anyone got any ideas about a venue?

Anya.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 6:34 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Strictly no adults allowed, Bordy - just us kids

I would say that everyone's very welcome: grownies, kiddies, grannies, doggies and all.

Now, has anyone got any ideas about a venue?

Anya.

Well I'd suggest it should be around SE Suburbs as thats where most of us are from. Somewhere between Berwick & Kilsyth. any ideas guys?
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Hi all,

Cheers,
Anya.
Hi, me, hubby & son are in Melbourne from 1-12th May for our validation trip too.

We would love to meet up for a social gathering.

We're moving over long term this July...
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:12 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally posted by Caroline G
Hi, me, hubby & son are in Melbourne from 1-12th May for our validation trip too.

We would love to meet up for a social gathering.

We're moving over long term this July...
Brilliant - it's a case of 'Watch This Thread', then.

At the mo, it's over to the Melburnians to suggest a suitable location....

Anya.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Hi All

Yep we'll come along too.

There are so many parks to choose from. Some of us girls met up at Jells Park in Waverley and it was really nice. Animals allowed too.

Or what about meeting up at one of the dams? Silvan, Maroondah, Cardinia. They've got BBQ facilities too. Lilydale Lake is good too.

Hopefully the weather will be nicer than today. It's cool and raining. Such a contrast from yesterday when it was beautiful sunshine and 28 degrees

Regards
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 11:09 pm
The Godfather

Originally posted by Jaykay
Hi All

Yep we'll come along too.

There are so many parks to choose from. Some of us girls met up at Jells Park in Waverley and it was really nice. Animals allowed too.

Or what about meeting up at one of the dams? Silvan, Maroondah, Cardinia. They've got BBQ facilities too. Lilydale Lake is good too.

Hopefully the weather will be nicer than today. It's cool and raining. Such a contrast from yesterday when it was beautiful sunshine and 28 degrees

Regards

Jells sounds ok, the dams might be a bit far out for some, & pretty dam cool up there to. Excuse the pun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.