MELBOURNE CURRY NITE - SAT 19TH SEPT

MELBOURNE CURRY NITE - SAT 19TH SEPT

Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:41 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MELBOURNE CURRY NITE - SAT 19TH SEPT

there, lots of warning to arrange babysitters and calendars

Time around 6.30ish, venue still up for nomination, hopefully someone can
come up with summit, preferarably in/around the city to make travelling easy, i am currently trying to find a half decent curry house around the city for the nite.

Rollcall so far

Me
Rodfan and OH
Jeezer73 (yes he is actually 73)
Gill and Chriss
Cockneydave
Crops
Cynopt?

now c'mon mellie folks drag yirsels out, all welcome, even if your older than 73
Old Jul 10th 2009, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MELBOURNE CURRY NITE - SAT 19TH SEPT

Originally Posted by Margaret3

come up with summit, preferarably in/around the city to make travelling easy, i am currently trying to find a half decent curry house around the city for the nite.

Rollcall so far

Me
Rodfan and OH
Gill and Chriss
Cockneydave
Crops
Cynopt?

now c'mon mellie folks drag yirsels out, all welcome, even if your older than 73
Hello Margaret!
Please add me in your list....
I'll be pleased to meet you all...

Regards/
Safaet
Old Jul 10th 2009, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully me and Ali can come along - I haven't managed to get to one yet!! Please can you try and get Deancm along
Old Jul 10th 2009, 1:57 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Can you make it somewhere that is not impossible for those from the North East to get to? That one we had in Elsternwick years ago put me off with the 90 minutes to get home.....that and the fact I drank more than my body weight in alcohol.

I'll go if The Crow goes.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

jeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to all

Rollcall so far

Me
Rodfan and OH
Gill and Chriss
Cockneydave
Crops
Cynopt?
Cheeky so and so....I'm only 73 at heart, well maybe physically too - but only on a bad day

Bah! humbug.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by busterboy
Can you make it somewhere that is not impossible for those from the North East to get to? That one we had in Elsternwick years ago put me off with the 90 minutes to get home.....that and the fact I drank more than my body weight in alcohol.

I'll go if The Crow goes.

I dont that at the last one, thats why am so keen to orgainise another one, was wanting to go for some dancing by the end of the night, funny enough peeps at work were tellling me there's a good indian in ivanhoe, called saffron summit or summit saffron
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Safaet
Hello Margaret!
Please add me in your list....
I'll be pleased to meet you all...

Regards/
Safaet
great
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Crow
Hopefully me and Ali can come along - I haven't managed to get to one yet!! Please can you try and get Deancm along
pmsl, am gonna pm him and use my best persuading tactics,
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:50 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

I dont that at the last one, thats why am so keen to orgainise another one, was wanting to go for some dancing by the end of the night, funny enough peeps at work were tellling me there's a good indian in ivanhoe, called saffron summit or summit saffron
I'll have a look...
Old Jul 10th 2009, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

peeps at work were tellling me there's a good indian in ivanhoe, called saffron summit or summit saffron
http://www.ador.com.au/restaurantdet...e=Cafe_Saffron

Not been myself (not a great fan of Indian food) but Saffron consistently rates highly. Has been in Cheap Eats Guide for the past few years.

HTH
Old Jul 10th 2009, 11:52 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by OzSheila
http://www.ador.com.au/restaurantdet...e=Cafe_Saffron

Not been myself (not a great fan of Indian food) but Saffron consistently rates highly. Has been in Cheap Eats Guide for the past few years.

HTH
I'm so in and you can count Mr Buster if we are anywhere the least bit convenient for us.

We have no problems going right into town or even east but when we need to go very South, it is a real pain.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

think i'll aim for the city centre in the hope it will be easy for most peeps, glad someone mentioned the cheap eats, i have the good food guide, will have a look in there.

Quite fancy the cafe saffron at some point though
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:25 am
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light

I'll stick it in the diary. I'll ask for some recommendations too, the only place I've had a curry in t'CBD is Nirankar and it didn't live up to the price tag.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CynOpt
I'll stick it in the diary. I'll ask for some recommendations too, the only place I've had a curry in t'CBD is Nirankar and it didn't live up to the price tag.

fancy resturants are off the menu, we want cheap byo's
Old Jul 12th 2009, 8:12 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by CynOpt
I looked at that the other day...thought it looked a bit wanky.

We went to Rhajbhoj (not Bhoj) in Templestowe last night. The mulligatawny soup had a packet tomato soup base and my fish curry was cold and had obviously been frozen fish and then microwaved. (Note to chef: you should not need a hacksaw to get through fish). The delighful waiting staff did not give a fig when I politely discussed this with them and just said '85' in order for me to pay and get out. AVOID I say.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.