Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Cup sweep, get your horse now!!

Melbourne Cup sweep, get your horse now!!

Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:44 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne Cup sweep, get your horse now!!

Originally Posted by OzTennis
I'll make sure you get Shergar ridden by Lord Lucan in next year's sweep!

OzTennis

PMSL
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 1:14 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I taped it from 'At the Races' channel and watched it this morning. I must say it ranks up there as one of the greatest things to happen in sport, anywhere. The British commentators were trying to draw a parallel and concluded that even Lance Armstrong's TdeF wins after battling cancer would struggle to match the achievement. The reception after the race was absolutely unbelievable.
Definitely a moment in sporting history that wont be repeated in a long long time. Amazing! She is an absolute legend .

Linda, you must be tearing your hair out :scared: - what a bugger!! (both that your trifecta didnt come in and that everyone keeps ignoring you LOL ).
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
OK... i know i'm pretty much on global ignore these days, but could you please tell me what horse i had.. i picked 9 and you didnt say what it was.

As for the real betting, i was bitterly peed off as i had a trifecta.. mackybe diva, xcellent and......... bloody leica falcon who got pipped into 4th!!!!! geeez i'd have been in the money alright
Ah, sorry for not replying earlier and missing out your number!

24 = Envoy = Linda Lushardi

It was the longest price in the field, don't know where it finished but not in top places.

OzTennis
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 6:11 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Definitely a moment in sporting history that wont be repeated in a long long time. Amazing! She is an absolute legend

Linda, you must be tearing your hair out - what a bugger!! (both that your trifecta didnt come in and that everyone keeps ignoring you LOL

Twas tongue in cheek (mostly) Mrs D .... in reality i have far more serious things to worry about.
Although, car scratches and prima donnas seem to be most in vogue right now .. god help these people if they had something REALLY serious to think about!!

Oztennis.. i give up!! i had number bloody 9 NOT 24!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Twas tongue in cheek (mostly) Mrs D .... in reality i have far more serious things to worry about.
Although, car scratches and prima donnas seem to be most in vogue right now .. god help these people if they had something REALLY serious to think about!!

Are you are losing the plot? In a sweep you don't pick your own horse. I listed the 24 horses in order of odds and I put my own numbers 1 to 24 against each horse. You shout out a number and I look up my list and that's the horse you get. I put 9 against Envoy.

OzTennis
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:56 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Are you are losing the plot? In a sweep you don't pick your own horse. I listed the 24 horses in order of odds and I put my own numbers 1 to 24 against each horse. You shout out a number and I look up my list and that's the horse you get. I put 9 against Envoy.

OzTennis

LOOK...dont get technical with me!!... i'm having a bad day
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOOK...dont get technical with me!!... i'm having a bad day

STEREOPHONICS - Have A Nice Day Lyrics

San Francisco Bay
Past pier thirty nine
Early p.m.
Can't remember what time
Got the waiting cab
Stopped at the red light
Address, unsure of
But it turned out just right

It started straight off
"Coming here is hell"
That's his first words
We asked what he meant
He said " where ya' from?"
We told him our lot
"When ya' take a holiday
Is this what you want?"

So have a nice day
Have a nice day
Have a nice day
Have a nice day

Lie around all day
Have a drink to chase
"Yourself and tourists, yeah
That's what I hate"
He said "We're going wrong
We've all become the same
We dress the same ways
Only our accents change

So have a nice day
Have a nice day
Have a nice day
Have a nice day

Swim in the ocean
That be my dish
I drive around all day
And kill processed fish
It's all money gum
No artists anymore
You're only in it now
To make more, more, more

So have a nice day
Have a nice day
Have a nice day
Have a nice day

Have a nice day
Have a nice day
Have a nice day
Have a nice day

OzTennis
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:30 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

PMSL...no, really PMSL!!!!!