Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne CBD Friday After work Drinks Night 11/April/08

Melbourne CBD Friday After work Drinks Night 11/April/08

Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold
Default Melbourne CBD Friday After work Drinks Night 11/April/08

The monthly MDC has come around quickly! 16 people attended the first and 20 odd attended the second.

All had a great time. I dont think anyone left unhappy or not looked after by Zok, the best barman in the world.

If anyone else is up for another one here goes. The more the merrier and there are no clicky groups in this club. Singles/ couples or groups of mates / parents etc very welcome, new or old.

Venue: Charles Dickens Pub, a real pub

Time: 6pm Onwards

Date : Friday 11th April.

Ill stand as near to the end of the bar as i can where the staff go in and out of which is the right hand side as you walk in through the doors.Like the guy in the photo as this is the actual bar,

The bar is on collins street. It is almost on the corner of elizabeth and collins street. It is between swanston and elizabeth street on the same side as a big arcade called "Australia on Collins" which also has a novotel.

If you get lost, get on to collins/elizabeth street junction and ask where the charles dickens pub is, itll be about 20 yards from you. If very stuck ask a cabbie outside the novotel as there is a taxi rank there, but most people who work round there know the charles dickens pub. The novotel is about 4 doors down from the arcade with the pub(bourke arcade)

Its just inside a little arcade and generally has an A Board on the street bearing the pubs name. Photos show where ill be stood in the bar and what the front of the bar looks like on the street.

I have a grade zero haircut (which is uncommon in the city) and a big scar on my head.

And i dont look like a city worker. Ill watch out for people looking left and right when they come in. Its only a small bar so dont be scared of not being seen.

Im happy to shout EXPATS??? at total strangers to see if you are part of the group .

If not then ask ZOK the barman where the english lot are. A good meeting point and we will see if people want to move on after.

Anyone coming on their own and need a hand, pm me and ill send you my mobile so you can phone or text on the night.

Welcome one welcome all.
Attached Thumbnails Melbourne CBD Friday  After work Drinks Night 11/April/08-cd-sign.jpg   Melbourne CBD Friday  After work Drinks Night 11/April/08-cd-bar.jpg   Melbourne CBD Friday  After work Drinks Night 11/April/08-cd-map.jpg  

Last edited by Mr Anderson; Mar 25th 2008 at 12:38 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Melbourne CBD Friday After work Drinks Night 11/April/08

Hopefully we will be there, think Jason will need a drink after his first week. We are staying on Market Street, according to google earth not too far away.

Tracy & Jason
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hopefully we will be there, think Jason will need a drink after his first week. We are staying on Market Street, according to google earth not too far away.

Tracy & Jason

No not far away at all. I have been talking to jason alot about areas. Will be good to catch up.

Good luck in the house sale and car sale and god knows whatever! LOL

Al
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
No not far away at all. I have been talking to jason alot about areas. Will be good to catch up.

Good luck in the house sale and car sale and god knows whatever! LOL

Al

Thanks, yes we have been looking at google earth at the areas suggested, thanks ever so much for taking the time to be so helpful. It will be good to actually meet some people.

We need lots of luck at the moment - thanks
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:47 am
disability worker

shazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond repute

we will be there shaz ali mags and anyone else we can get to come
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shazmac
we will be there shaz ali mags and anyone else we can get to come
Mr Anderson(alan) not clare so i can stay longer this time.
Shazmac
Magaret3
Ali Rose
Jasonmb (Tracy and JaSON)
Matt n Emma
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:15 am
Just Joined

sinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to all

sounds like fun. I will be there and so will my wife if she can wangle work.

Dave and Paula
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson (alan) not clare so i can stay longer this time.
Shazmac
Magaret3
Ali Rose
Jasonmb (Tracy and Jason)
Matt n Emma
Sinlk (Dave n Paula)
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sinlk
sounds like fun. I will be there and so will my wife if she can wangle work.

Dave and Paula
Brilliant, hope tyo see you there.

where are you coming from in melb?

al
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

EdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really nice

Hi,

Can you count me and possibly other half in also?

Cheers,

Edna x
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson (alan) not clare so i can stay longer this time.
Shazmac
Magaret3
Ali Rose
Jasonmb (Tracy and Jason)
Matt n Emma
Sinlk (Dave n Paula)
ukecadet (danny)
ednaAverage(edna and a half)
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:27 am
Just Joined

sinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to allsinlk is a name known to all

We are living in Seaford. been here since the start of December.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sinlk
We are living in Seaford. been here since the start of December.
Nice one

hope to see you there.

Al
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

I don't believe it! Every time you arrange these drinks I'm always doing something else - and it's not as if I'm even that busy
I have another night out to go to but will try and pop in early on for a couple. Would be good to finally some people off here
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DianneH68
I don't believe it! Every time you arrange these drinks I'm always doing something else - and it's not as if I'm even that busy
I have another night out to go to but will try and pop in early on for a couple. Would be good to finally some people off here
Ha Ha LOL.

Hope to see you there.

Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.