Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne camper van rentals???

Melbourne camper van rentals???

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 7:18 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Melbourne camper van rentals???

Me and Haze are coming over the ditch for the MotoGP at Phillip Island in October.
What would be greatly appreciated is advice from Melbourne residents regarding a nice cheap camper/van rental for about a week. We'd be happy to doss down in the back of a Transit, or curl up in a Merc bedded camper, so please feel free to throw any ideas at us.
Thanks chaps...
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Melbourne camper van rentals???

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Me and Haze are coming over the ditch for the MotoGP at Phillip Island in October.
What would be greatly appreciated is advice from Melbourne residents regarding a nice cheap camper/van rental for about a week. We'd be happy to doss down in the back of a Transit, or curl up in a Merc bedded camper, so please feel free to throw any ideas at us.
Thanks chaps...

Cheapest I know of is Britz but bet they will have many out at that time. But based in Melbourne so you will have a good shot...
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:28 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks chaps...
I've heard there are companies that do one way trips for a $1 a day with fuel money on offer too. The trick is that you are delivering the vehicle for the rental company so they give you free rental, problem being making your way back
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I've heard there are companies that do one way trips for a $1 a day with fuel money on offer too. The trick is that you are delivering the vehicle for the rental company so they give you free rental, problem being making your way back
Be wary

We booked one from sydney to melb. Read the fine print, even if you have paid the bond and deposit, they can still re-hire the vehicle to a customer if one comes along and you are stranded. Say another vehicle breaks down/ they get a booking 5 minutes before you arrive/ someone with a vehicle extends the hire, the stand by deal means Nothing. It happens all the time, you turn up, vehicle booked on standby and they have no obligation to you at all.

Our little 'not available' happened New years eve sydney
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:07 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wickedcampers.com.au/
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:14 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the incredibly cheap one way returns are no use, we fly in and out of Melbourne.
hevs, thanks, looking good for now.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

There seems to be a few of these around.http://www.jucy.com.au/ Have a good time
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

andyg45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks chaps...
Hi , sorry i havn't got any ideas for camper vans and stuff, but was told on a thread about taupo that you were living there,
I have a job offer there and have just received my ITA, and was wondering if you can give me any info on living in or around taupo, i've been looking it up online and google earth and that kind of thing but would appreciate any first hand opinions....many thanks for any help...andy......southampton
Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

How long are you coming for ?
If it's just for the racing ..we camp Thursday to the Monday at Highside , be warned "Trackside" can get a bit feral (but is one heck of a laugh).
If so, buy a tent and gear when you get here, spend the rest of your cash on motels to fill out the rest of your stay.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:00 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rossi
How long are you coming for ?
Might be a little late!

Originally Posted by The First Post
Mar 23rd 2009 7:18 pm

Last edited by bcworld; Jan 27th 2010 at 9:05 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs
http://www.theage.com.au/national/wi...0110-m0b6.html
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bcworld
Might be a little late!
Doh !
Dunno how that happened as I have it set for new posts only ??
I have the "Supers" in mind too
Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:07 am
Just Joined

symel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hevs
these guys were great used them in perth last year, cheap and cheerful camping, got a cracked windscreen on the trip, but was waived due to upgraded insurance (worth it )