Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MELBOURNE - BUZZY'S RECCIE PART 2!!!

MELBOURNE - BUZZY'S RECCIE PART 2!!!

Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:03 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MELBOURNE - BUZZY'S RECCIE PART 2!!!

Again well posted buzzy.
Nice load of info and it actually gave me a rush of excitement seeing views that we'd seen about 9 months ago, maybe it's a sign for me this is the right thing to do.
We'd been to alot of the beaches you visited and although some of them are a little smaller they weren't packed and from where we'd be looking to live a very short drive away.
Did you stop at Sanctuary Lakes???? We wanted to eat in the restaurant til we saw there was a dress code for it, but the little cafe overlooking the lake was lovely. If I can i'll put a pic on here though you'll have to promise to pretend i'm not in it ok ?

Maybe Buzzy we'll see you in Melbourne next year???

Jen
Attached Thumbnails MELBOURNE  -  BUZZY'S RECCIE PART 2!!!-dsc000861.jpg  
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - great post - will be so useful for others! I'm so glad we chose Melbourne
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I think the main difference you will find as far as cost of living goes is the level of wages. Depends on your profession.

Buzzy
ok, cool,suppose we will just have to be patient and wait till we get there and get a job!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:46 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Crow
Wow - great post - will be so useful for others! I'm so glad we chose Melbourne

Like us Rachel. 7 years here & it justs get better by the year.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Like us Rachel. 7 years here & it justs get better by the year.
'All' I want now is an apartment in the city, overlooking the Yarra - so we could spend some quality time in the CBD as well as enjoying the beautiful countryside. And whilst I'm thinking of it... a holiday home in Rye (or thereabouts)... when's the next Lotto..
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon you just might have had the photo taken here:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/ozt/031.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/ozt/030.jpg

OzTennis

Originally Posted by JenJen
Again well posted buzzy.
Nice load of info and it actually gave me a rush of excitement seeing views that we'd seen about 9 months ago, maybe it's a sign for me this is the right thing to do.
We'd been to alot of the beaches you visited and although some of them are a little smaller they weren't packed and from where we'd be looking to live a very short drive away.
Did you stop at Sanctuary Lakes???? We wanted to eat in the restaurant til we saw there was a dress code for it, but the little cafe overlooking the lake was lovely. If I can i'll put a pic on here though you'll have to promise to pretend i'm not in it ok ?

Maybe Buzzy we'll see you in Melbourne next year???

Jen
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:03 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Crow
'All' I want now is an apartment in the city, overlooking the Yarra - so we could spend some quality time in the CBD as well as enjoying the beautiful countryside. And whilst I'm thinking of it... a holiday home in Rye (or thereabouts)... when's the next Lotto..

After out lotto win we are buying an apartment in the city so we can stay the night after the footy.
I suppose you could borrow it during cricket season.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:05 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
After out lotto win we are buying an apartment in the city so we can stay the night after the footy.
I suppose you could borrow it during cricket season.
Trying to convince the wife a boat makes great sense - we can then dock in the Docklands Marina and sleep on board post match.

...Then go fishing in the morning
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:10 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Just like to quickly add

BB was a very nice house guest
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

The city loop:

This reverses direction around midday (I think!). In the morning, if you are going inbound into Flinders, S on the CBD grid - you have to go around the loop anti-clockwise starting at Parliament (SE corner of grid). It may be quicker to get off at Parliament and walk down Collins...

In the evening it also goes around the loop clockwise from Flinders. I get on at Flinders as I then get a seat - even though it might be quicker from Parliament...

If you are coming in from the SE Suburbs, and work in S Melbourne/St Kilda Rd (for an IT job) then getting off at South Yarra and getting a pleasant tram knocks off a few stations, the loop and another tram from Flinders.......

cheers
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Would love to go to Mel when the weather is nice, every time I have been the weather has been rubish and that can have a negative impact on any city.
Have to admit, I first went to Melbourne on a bad series of days in Spring about 5 years ago and hated the city after getting used to Sydney's winter sun - I vowed to never live there(!) and actually tried to avoid it until circumstance turned my hand.

Now I live in Melbourne, it beats every other city hands down on geunine livability. I had first thought it was grey - but venture 10-15 mins out to burbs and burbs of beautiful cafes and great 'city' suburbs, 40 mins out down the Peninsula (beaches) or SE to the Dandenongs and you find completely unspoilt countryside the likes of which you'd find deep in Central Europe.

You have to live there to appreciate it - not just visit.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:35 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: MELBOURNE - BUZZY'S RECCIE PART 2!!!

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
The city loop:

This reverses direction around midday (I think!). In the morning, if you are going inbound into Flinders, S on the CBD grid - you have to go around the loop anti-clockwise starting at Parliament (SE corner of grid). It may be quicker to get off at Parliament and walk down Collins...

In the evening it also goes around the loop clockwise from Flinders. I get on at Flinders as I then get a seat - even though it might be quicker from Parliament...

If you are coming in from the SE Suburbs, and work in S Melbourne/St Kilda Rd (for an IT job) then getting off at South Yarra and getting a pleasant tram knocks off a few stations, the loop and another tram from Flinders.......

cheers
Thanks mate I wasn't aware of that.

Buzzy
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:36 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: MELBOURNE - BUZZY'S RECCIE PART 2!!!

Originally Posted by thebears
Just like to quickly add

BB was a very nice house guest
Thank you for having me to stay!!

Buzzy
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Buzzy you are ace. That report is so good, recognised some places that we saw brought back wonderful memories.
I still think you ought to publish your travels.
We are still trying to sort out a cd slide show for our familes as we took so many photos.
Mandy
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:45 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

another great post Buzzy - u certainly make Melbourne (we can't decided between there and the gold coast - i'll have to make sure MrW has a good look) sound great.

10/10
N x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.