Melbourne Bound

Old Mar 17th 2003, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne Bound

Hello everyone

Yesterday we went to the Migrate show just to tie up a few questions and answers.
Im Sponsoring hubby over (I was born in Melbourne) and so it will be relatively quick getting over there. The only thing worrying hubby was leaving a very good job here and not having one over there. The Victorian Govt. stand were very helpful and we discovered hubby,s skills are on the "most wanted list". So by the end of the day I was very happy and have a hubby who feels 100% more confident about work.
I was born on January 26th (Australian day) and am a summer baby by rights, but every year over here my birthday is in the winter. So next year I will be celebrating my 40th in the summer "oh what a joy"
Is any one else heading for Melbourne???

Cheers for now BooBoo
Old Mar 17th 2003, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Melbourne Bound

Originally posted by booboo

I was born on January 26th (Australian day) and am a summer baby by rights, but every year over here my birthday is in the winter. So next year I will be celebrating my 40th in the summer "oh what a joy"

Cheers for now BooBoo
Hi BooBoo

I turned 40 this year on the 1st February so had a big party with my friends over here, then the following week flew out to Melbourne with my daughter and had another big party with my family and friends over there.

Spent 3 fantastic weeks enjoying Melbourne, the weather (yes it was hot and sunny most of the time) getting back in touch with my friends and generally chilling out.

I was not convinced that moving back to Melbourne was the right thing to do, but having been back in the UK for 2 weeks, I know I've made the right decision to drag him outdoors and our 4 year old daughter back to Oz.

Hoping to move back in September, once I've got a visa for him outdoors and got Australian citizenship and passport sorted for my daughter.
Oh...need to sell the house too!
Old Mar 17th 2003, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Scoops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne Bound

Hello everyone

Yesterday we went to the Migrate show just to tie up a few questions and answers.
Im Sponsoring hubby over (I was born in Melbourne) and so it will be relatively quick getting over there. The only thing worrying hubby was leaving a very good job here and not having one over there. The Victorian Govt. stand were very helpful and we discovered hubby,s skills are on the "most wanted list". So by the end of the day I was very happy and have a hubby who feels 100% more confident about work.

Cheers for now BooBoo

Hi Booboo

We are looking to go to Melbourne in 2004.

Do you know which skills are in demand in Vic?

I am a sales manager and have an electrical controls background. My wife is a hairdresser.

As you were born in Melbourne, could you give me any details that may be useful. We have 3 children aged 2, 12 and 14 and any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scoops
Old Mar 20th 2003, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Jeannie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Booboo,
I, too. will be celebrating my 40th in Melbourne next year.
We leave next week, hubby has partner visa, cause I am an Oz citizen.
Two kids and a dog in tow.
Big adventure!!
Jeannie
Old Mar 20th 2003, 7:49 am
Just Joined

stone6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BooBoo

I too will be forty next year on 28th Jan!! We are in Melbourne too, we have been here 7 months and love it!! 5 children and 2 cats = very big adventure!!!

Vicki
Old Mar 20th 2003, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Grotbags is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all!

We fly out to Melbourne in 3 weeks time - very excited but nervous too!
Old Mar 20th 2003, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default melbourne bound

Hey Grotbags

Good on ya. Heres wishing you all the happiness in the world in your new venture Down Under. You lucky,lucky people . Wish it was us going now. Any way I should get two summers this year.

Cheers BooBoo
Old Mar 20th 2003, 10:20 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: melbourne bound

Hey Grotbags

Good on ya. Heres wishing you all the happiness in the world in your new venture Down Under. You lucky,lucky people . Wish it was us going now. Any way I should get two summers this year.

Cheers BooBoo
'SHOULD' get 2 summers. You will be lucky! You might get 6 nice weeks here. Your real summer will be in Melbourne.