Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne - the best experience yet and it was free!

Melbourne - the best experience yet and it was free!

Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:08 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Melbourne - the best experience yet and it was free!

Last night at about 8.30 I decided on the spur of the moment to hop in my car, drive the 4 mins to the beach and go for a swim. I lay in the warm water, watching a perfect sunset into the sea, thinking "It doesn't get much better than this".

The beach was quite busy with families having picnics, couples, people of all ages swimming, really great atmosphere.

Then I rather put a damper on the evening by returning home and backing the car into my letterbox.....

But I'm still going back for another swim this evening to cool off after today's forecast 41 degrees!

Buzzy
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Melbourne - the best experience yet and it was free!

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Last night at about 8.30 I decided on the spur of the moment to hop in my car, drive the 4 mins to the beach and go for a swim. I lay in the warm water, watching a perfect sunset into the sea, thinking "It doesn't get much better than this".

The beach was quite busy with families having picnics, couples, people of all ages swimming, really great atmosphere.

Then I rather put a damper on the evening by returning home and backing the car into my letterbox.....

But I'm still going back for another swim this evening to cool off after today's forecast 41 degrees!

Buzzy
Sounds idillic, just perfect apart from the letter box situation of course - we have heavy wind and rain with an average of 0°C tonight, warming to a max of 5°C tomorrow.

Enjoy tonights swim and watch the letter box. We are looking forward to being one of those families enjoying the beach and spending time together on an evening.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Cooper Clan is on a distinguished road

Buzzy
Yep I'll second that
With +42 degrees estimated for today - looks like its the beach again.
Where abouts are you ?
We arrived in Melbourne 24th October - nearly 3 months
Family of 5 - me hubby and x3 boys 14 12 and 9
Heather
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:14 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

41 degrees?! blimey mate.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nerine
41 degrees?! blimey mate.
Jesus it's hot in Melbourne today. 42 degrees accoring to the news. May join you Buzzy for a cool down dip. Actuslly joust suggested it to the family. Were off now to the beach
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gidxg03
Jesus it's hot in Melbourne today. 42 degrees accoring to the news. May join you Buzzy for a cool down dip. Actuslly joust suggested it to the family. Were off now to the beach
No need to rub it in We still have wind and rain and a whopping 9°C, warmest its been for a while We don't arrive until March just as you are moving into Autumn, so will miss the current temperatures you are having. Enjoy the beach

Tracy
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:55 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
No need to rub it in We still have wind and rain and a whopping 9°C, warmest its been for a while We don't arrive until March just as you are moving into Autumn, so will miss the current temperatures you are having. Enjoy the beach

Tracy
I left a few years ago on 27th Feb landing 1st March. Daytime high in UK was 0C and in my area it had been -6C the night before.

I landed in Melbourne at 7am on 1st March to 21C and it rose to 37C that day
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:00 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Buzzy
We did that yesterday in Adelaide, beautiful end to a beautiful day....then the youngest 2 got stung by jellyfish. Seems noones allowed to enjoy the day 100%.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
I left a few years ago on 27th Feb landing 1st March. Daytime high in UK was 0C and in my area it had been -6C the night before.

I landed in Melbourne at 7am on 1st March to 21C and it rose to 37C that day

I could live with that, sounds wonderful and I really can not wait. Our house is in the paper tomorrow and I will be guttered if we don't get any viewings this weekend, think the children will be too as they are looking forward to the new adventure too
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:04 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
I could live with that, sounds wonderful and I really can not wait. Our house is in the paper tomorrow and I will be guttered if we don't get any viewings this weekend, think the children will be too as they are looking forward to the new adventure too
Well, good luck to you on that score

Autumn is probably the nicest time of the year in Melbourne, and the best thing is you won't even notice how cold the winter gets in your first year as you wouldn't have acclimatised to the massive summer heat.

Saying that, your second winter you'll feel it for sure
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Well, good luck to you on that score

Autumn is probably the nicest time of the year in Melbourne, and the best thing is you won't even notice how cold the winter gets in your first year as you wouldn't have acclimatised to the massive summer heat.

Saying that, your second winter you'll feel it for sure
We need lots of luck with the house - thanks

Great, I am looking forward to missing a winter and I am sure it doesn't get as cold as it is here, so that will be a bonus
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

I feel for the folks in Telfer and Marble Bar in the Pilbara tomorrow ...49c but will probably get into the 50's c according to the weather forecast tonight
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:50 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Hugely, hugely envious - I hate you all with a passion

Can't wait to be there - maybe this time next year we'll be one of those families having an evening picnic
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:54 am
Take it easy

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Hugely, hugely envious - I hate you all with a passion

Can't wait to be there - maybe this time next year we'll be one of those families having an evening picnic
I know this doesn't make the waiting easier, but it is all worth it. This city has everything going for it, whether your young and single, a young couple, a family, or retired, there's something for everyone.

Here was an update I did about a year ago....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422669
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:08 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Mordialloc beach was a little busy this evening -

We had a great time, swam and watched the sunset and played with the kids until 9.30am.

I have also discovered that even after you immerse a Nissan Pathfinder remote entry key in the sea it will still work.

I'm not having a great week for cars this week.....

Buzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.