Melbourne Apartments Show/Seminar

Melbourne Apartments Show/Seminar

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Oxfordshire, to the Out Laws in Bucks, to Cleveland in Brisbane
josiejo1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne Apartments Show/Seminar

Hi

Don't know if anyone would be interested in this or not, might be worth it for the free wine!

Jo

Their web address link thingy is:

http://www.melbournepropertyexpo.com/index.asp?id=01e2

Coming to LONDON in February.

Brand new for 2004.

** Early booking ‘free wine offer’ closes this Friday! **

Central Equity's "Australian Property INFO Sessions"

A short informative perspective from Central Equity, leading Australian
residential property developer. An important and helpful presentation for
anyone considering Australian property investment and should not be missed.

Feb 27 to Mar 8, 2004
Sheraton Park Towers, Knightsbridge, London
Free entry. Limited seats. Bookings essential!

-------------------------------------------------

Early Booking Bonus!

Book by Fri Feb 6 & collect a free bottle of Aussie wine*
Click here for more info & online bookings

-------------------------------------------------

Central Equity Limited
Listed on the Australian Stock Exchange since 1987.
Free Fone (UK) 0800 169 5286 - Tel: 020 7235 2710

* conditions apply. Visit website for more details.

You have received this email as you previously requested us to send you information on Australian property.
To unsubscribe and receive no further emails from Central Equity please click here
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

As someone who knows the property market in Melbourne well, the apartments advertised by this mob are WAY overpriced in my opinion.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Oxfordshire, to the Out Laws in Bucks, to Cleveland in Brisbane
josiejo1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's fine, they keep sending me information periodically and as I don't intend on moving to Melbourne, I thought I would share the information, for those who might be interested.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:29 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of people have been burnt by these spruikers. Avoid like the plague is my advice.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point

I would avoid these people too, sound to me like some timeshare people. Guess who is paying for their show and their wine offer.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Central Equity apts are in CBD/Southbank and you could be hard-pushed to get a mortgage on a CBD apt in Melbourne at the mo (unless laying down a hefty deposit)

There is a vast over-supply of city apartments at present and many lenders will not loan for this area as risk is too high. Buying direct from builder has additional risks as prices are fixed and not determined by market value. There have been instances of reposession in Mel CBD where the mortgage lender has not been able to sell the reposessed property at anywhere near what the buyer paid for the property from the builder - as someone said - they're overpriced.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

NJFOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't go what they are selling is not worth the price. Ring them and say you can't make it but can they send info. That way you will get a copy of their Melbourne book without having to sit through any of their sales dross.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 12:41 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E662,00.html

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...E25658,00.html

Avoid all Melbourne property seminars.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 9:23 am
Just Joined

slec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne Apartments Show/Seminar

Originally posted by josiejo1974
Hi

Don't know if anyone would be interested in this or not, might be worth it for the free wine!

Jo

Melbourne Apartments are not selling loads to choose from with prices droping top end of the housing market down 20% in some areas.This is from Sunday papers they may forget to mention this in any sales info.

You have received this email as you previously requested us to send you information on Australian property.
To unsubscribe and receive no further emails from Central Equity please click here
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Got to agree with the other posters, why do you think they are trying to sell Melbourne property to people in London.
My answer is they cannot find any MUGS to buy the property in Australia and they are getting desperate.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

kyotodesigns is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Melbourne Apartments Show/Seminar

As someone in the UK who has been to one of these and bought (back in early 2002, a mug I know), I would not recommend going. We are forced to go through with our purchase this summer, they are very heavy handed if you show signs of defaulting with a letter straight from their solicitors. As such buying looks a cheaper loss than defaulting. There is a rental income but I wish we had never become involved. If you look on Domain.com.au you will see what sales are really reaching, a lot less than they are being sold at by the company.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 1:45 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Apartments Show/Seminar

Some more threads on Central Equity:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...central+equity

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...central+equity

D D