Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne, Anyone need temporary furnished accomodation

Melbourne, Anyone need temporary furnished accomodation

Old Apr 8th 2005, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future
Default Melbourne, Anyone need temporary furnished accomodation

I know a teacher at a private school on the Mornington Peninsula. She has a fully furnished 3 bed bungalow on her 20 acre farm that she lets out. I am also aware of the difficulties we migrants face when trying to secure temporary accomodation when we arrive in Australia. She is happy to promote her property for this purpose so thought I would ask how many would be interested. Its on the Mornington Peninsula between Mount Eliza and Mornington and will probably cost about $600/week. I am due to go and see it next week but thought I'd get some feedback first.

Andy.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future
Default Re: Melbourne, Anyone need temporary furnished accomodation on arrival

just bumping for all those just waking up in the uk.

Last edited by andy thomas; Apr 8th 2005 at 8:39 am.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Melbourne, Anyone need temporary furnished accomodation on arrival

Originally Posted by andy thomas
just bumping for all those just waking up in the uk.

You lazy gits, you all having a lie in today??
Old Apr 8th 2005, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Aussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really nice
Default Re: Melbourne, Anyone need temporary furnished accomodation

I know a teacher at a private school on the Mornington Peninsula. She has a fully furnished 3 bed bungalow on her 20 acre farm that she lets out. I am also aware of the difficulties we migrants face when trying to secure temporary accomodation when we arrive in Australia. She is happy to promote her property for this purpose so thought I would ask how many would be interested. Its on the Mornington Peninsula between Mount Eliza and Mornington and will probably cost about $600/week. I am due to go and see it next week but thought I'd get some feedback first.

Andy.

I'm not having a lie in, just not that well off.

My family & I are coming to that area, to be with family in a few weeks & are looking for rental accommodation, but I'm struggling to get my hubby to go above $300pw & there is plenty of choice in that price bracket. Not luxury as this one must be, but when you're starting out in a new country you'd have to be pretty flush to pay that sort of money.

Good luck with it tho'
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aussiecat
I'm not having a lie in, just not that well off.

My family & I are coming to that area, to be with family in a few weeks & are looking for rental accommodation, but I'm struggling to get my hubby to go above $300pw & there is plenty of choice in that price bracket. Not luxury as this one must be, but when you're starting out in a new country you'd have to be pretty flush to pay that sort of money.

Good luck with it tho'
I rent an unfurnished house for $250/week. The temporary one is fully furnished, I thought it was cheap as I've seen others advertised at $900. The point being when you first get here you need somewhere to stay which has all the mod cons whilst you search round for a more permanent rental which you can fill when your furniture arrives or you buy new. If you can find furnished accomodation for $300/week then tell everyone else cos it wasnt available when we landed

Andy
Old Apr 8th 2005, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Aussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really nice

I rent an unfurnished house for $250/week. The temporary one is fully furnished, I thought it was cheap as I've seen others advertised at $900. The point being when you first get here you need somewhere to stay which has all the mod cons whilst you search round for a more permanent rental which you can fill when your furniture arrives or you buy new. If you can find furnished accomodation for $300/week then tell everyone else cos it wasnt available when we landed

Andy

Yeah, i agree, we won't be moving into a furnished place either for $300pw, we'll just be 'bored & tired at the shops'

I see you're in a similar area as we want to be & judging by your business name you may be able to help my husband with some info. He is hoping to get on a construction course at Frankston TAFE & get into the building industry.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:04 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road

Andy the sort of thing we are looking for, it just seems expensive to us.

We are looking to rent furnished, or get a furniture rental pack, are we being unrealistic to expect this for about $400 per week or less.

Andy any suggestions for initial furnished accom is appreciated

Cheers

Stu & Lorraine
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:01 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Andy.
Sounds like a bargain to me cheaper than a week in a hotel for a family of four
Old Apr 8th 2005, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fraser
Sounds like a bargain to me cheaper than a week in a hotel for a family of four

I think it is, we paid $500 for a week in a tiny caravan when we got here, I know someone else who hired a furnished 2 bed unit by the beach but that was $900/week.

Andy

Last edited by andy thomas; Apr 8th 2005 at 11:04 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Cindyr is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it is, we paid $500 for a week in a tiny caravan when we got here, I know someone else who hired a furnished 2 bed unit by the beach but that was $900/week.

Andy
Hi Andy

Yes We would be interested, but we were thinking of Frankston. Not sure whether this would logistically be possible?

If so we are leaving uk 18th Aug. family of four.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:25 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cindyr
Hi Andy

Yes We would be interested, but we were thinking of Frankston. Not sure whether this would logistically be possible?

If so we are leaving uk 18th Aug. family of four.

That's ok for Frankston not that far at all
Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about

Andy
Andy,
In your opinion, in the time you have been there have rental prices shot up that much in the area, as we rented a 2 bed house furnished for $200 a week in Mornington in April 2003 (beachside) and then 3 bed in Mt Martha for $250 a week!! The area seems to have gotten really expensive now, but its good to know what to expect now (gulp!)

Debbie
Old May 21st 2005, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Smartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud of

We are a family of 5 and will be arriving in the Mornington Penninsula during the first 2 weeks of September. We are looking to settle our family in Mount Eliza hopefully and so would be extremely interested in this. It sounds like just what we have been looking for for the initial few weeks of our stay.

Any other details or contact address would be very gratefully received.
Old May 22nd 2005, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smartinis
We are a family of 5 and will be arriving in the Mornington Penninsula during the first 2 weeks of September. We are looking to settle our family in Mount Eliza hopefully and so would be extremely interested in this. It sounds like just what we have been looking for for the initial few weeks of our stay.

Any other details or contact address would be very gratefully received.
Sent you a PM, accomodation is available in September