Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne or Adelaide for Business

Melbourne or Adelaide for Business

Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

MUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really nice
Default Melbourne or Adelaide for Business

Any help on this one.

We own a manufacturing business here in the Uk, making our own ventilation products, selling rhem across the UK and offering a sheet metal service to outside customers locally.

Wanting to go do Oz and my thoughts were on Melbourne. Good range of industry, some nice plaves to live in the south / east and slightly cheaper than UK, with a slightly better weather. Sorted.

Then wife reads up on Adelaide and thinks it heaven. Warmer, drying, cheaper housing and less build up suburbs. Which I must agree with.

But what about business prospects. We would either buy a small going concern and introduce our product range or start from scratch. But is there much opertunity in Adelaide. Yes I read it has a large auto and defence industry. But also Mitsubishi is closing its plant and that things are slow in general.

Any help folks ???
Old Mar 1st 2008, 1:17 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne or Adelaide for Business

Originally Posted by MUST LEAVE UK
Any help on this one.

We own a manufacturing business here in the Uk, making our own ventilation products, selling rhem across the UK and offering a sheet metal service to outside customers locally.

Wanting to go do Oz and my thoughts were on Melbourne. Good range of industry, some nice plaves to live in the south / east and slightly cheaper than UK, with a slightly better weather. Sorted.

Then wife reads up on Adelaide and thinks it heaven. Warmer, drying, cheaper housing and less build up suburbs. Which I must agree with.

But what about business prospects. We would either buy a small going concern and introduce our product range or start from scratch. But is there much opertunity in Adelaide. Yes I read it has a large auto and defence industry. But also Mitsubishi is closing its plant and that things are slow in general.

Any help folks ???
You need to talk to sham williams a member on here , i believe her and her husband have bought a sheetmetal fabrication business in Adelaide.......mm