Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Accommodation (Cheapish) Please

Melbourne Accommodation (Cheapish) Please

Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Question Melbourne Accommodation (Cheapish) Please

Ok, I am going to bite the bullet and go to Melbourne, all being well at the end of this month. I have had a number of agencies who have said to get in touch when I get here – so I am on my way. I know I am eligible for a 457 (and know all about the risks with this) but am prepared to take the risk. I am only going for a week, leaving wife and 3 kids at home and need cheap, central accommodation recommendations if anyone can help. Ideally I would like to be in the CBD, but understand that most of the agencies are off Flinders St, any help, suggestions, names of hotels etc would be gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Melbourne Accommodation (Cheapish) Please

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Ok, I am going to bite the bullet and go to Melbourne, all being well at the end of this month. I have had a number of agencies who have said to get in touch when I get here – so I am on my way. I know I am eligible for a 457 (and know all about the risks with this) but am prepared to take the risk. I am only going for a week, leaving wife and 3 kids at home and need cheap, central accommodation recommendations if anyone can help. Ideally I would like to be in the CBD, but understand that most of the agencies are off Flinders St, any help, suggestions, names of hotels etc would be gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks
Hi maybe this will help? Someone in Melbourne will probably have better info but thought I would offer the little assitance I can. Hotel acc is expensive and this is the cheapest I could find to date.

Cheryl

http://www.formule1.com.au
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:06 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

We're staying at the Pacific International in August. From what I can tell it's pretty central and we're getitng a holiday apartment complete with kitchen etc for about £80 a night or less. We'd normally spend less on accommodation but we reckon with the kitchen etc we can self cater and save some money that way as well as having the luxury of not being stuck in one hotel room all the time!

If you google melbourne accommodation you'll get loads of results. Punt Hill apartments are quite cheap too and seem to have some central locations.

good luck!

Therese
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb

Many Thanks
hi

try www.wotif.com they are pretty good for accomodation.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
Hi maybe this will help? Someone in Melbourne will probably have better info but thought I would offer the little assitance I can. Hotel acc is expensive and this is the cheapest I could find to date.

Cheryl

http://www.formule1.com.au
You won't find any cheaper than this, good location in Elizabeth St, rooms look a bit like dorms but all 146 rooms appear to be a double/twin plus a bunk and presumably you won't have strangers in your room!

OzTennis
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

parsonsjonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out: thenunnery.com.au/