Melbourne

Old Apr 12th 2003, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne

http://www.epinions.com/trvl-Dest-So...des/pa_~1#list
Old Apr 12th 2003, 11:01 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Melbourne - The Age Newspaper

Just a quick note to say that if anyone wants me to send them a weekend copy of The Age (the Melbourne broadsheet newspaper, which includes jobs sections, real estate, etc) please send me an email.

I'll have to charge £25 to cover the cost of the paper, envelope, and postage (today's edition weighs nearly 1.3kg!) though...

Best regards.
Old Apr 12th 2003, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Melbourne - The Age Newspaper

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Just a quick note to say that if anyone wants me to send them a weekend copy of The Age (the Melbourne broadsheet newspaper, which includes jobs sections, real estate, etc) please send me an email.

I'll have to charge £25 to cover the cost of the paper, envelope, and postage (today's edition weighs nearly 1.3kg!) though...

Best regards.
Hi Alan

I'd like one but Consyl Publishing do it for £10.45 delivered

Telephone 01424 223111

Thanks

Terry
Old Apr 12th 2003, 11:09 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: melbourne

Originally posted by booboo

Also I noticed that Alan Collett resides in Melbourne. I wonder if he could give us all the low down on Melbourne????

Cheers BooBoo
=> I love it! Though we live in Geelong I (usually!) feel good about life as I drive over the West Gate Bridge and look at the city. Good food, great people, and heaps of sport. Plus theatre, music, open space and (in spite of what people might say or think), I reckon the weather is excellent (or at least it is for us anyway ... I need to see the seasons, so long as winter isn't too cold ... and we can head off to Mount Buller or Mount Hotham for some ski-ing in the winter if the mood takes us - only a couple of hours from Melbourne).

There are just too many things about Melbourne to summarise in one posting - most of them good in my view.

Last edited by Alan Collett; Apr 12th 2003 at 11:23 am.
Old Apr 12th 2003, 11:11 am
Migration Agent

Default Re: Melbourne - The Age Newspaper

I know, I checked the price in Australian Outlook as well ... but I'm here in Victoria and can buy this weekend's copy tomorrow, and Consyl are in Sussex.

It's your call ...

Best regards.

Originally posted by terryg
Hi Alan

I'd like one but Consyl Publishing do it for £10.45 delivered

Telephone 01424 223111

Thanks

Terry
Old Apr 25th 2003, 11:08 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DevMountain
Hi

We have been looking at Melbourne. It seems to have what we want. I guess we will have to pay the bigger house prices if we want the life style. We wish to go skiing and live near the sea.

We are looking at Frankston and sorrounds at the mo...

Seaford has the ballet school for my eldest, but that is as far as my research has gone.

Has anybody else looked into these areas.
Hi
We are looking at the mornington Pen. Frankston looks a good bet. Have you looked into schools yet? if so where can i find info!
Thanks Heather
Old Apr 25th 2003, 11:15 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne

Originally posted by parrot
Hi, we're heading for Melbourne too. Got our visas and we're flying out on the 30th September and travelling for two months before finishing off in Melbourne. We'll need the break by then after packing/shipping/finishing work/saying goodbye and we're saving all our holiday up at work so we get a bit of extra money before we leave.
Chose Melbourne because of the job opportunities, city is fantastic, climate has seasons, beach on one side, mountains on the other, more affordable than Sydney... the list goes on really. We just felt that of all the cities we visited Melbourne was the one for us!
Worse thing now is waiting to hand my notice in at work!
parrot

Hi,
Just thought i'd type as you are doing the same thing as us. We are heading out in september, starting at Bis. then campervanning it round to end up in Melbourne in time to spend xmas with family. We have 2 kids and a dog.
Do you have any school info?
good luck, Heather
Old Apr 25th 2003, 11:18 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by ian.linda
hi to everyone going to Melbourne. we're newcommers to the site., got our visas 2 weeks ago via stni. we're also thinking of Mornington area. we haven't been to aussi yet, but plan to move to melbourne within the next 3 months. we have one son aged 12, so we're trying to find info on schools, housing etc in the mornington/Frankston area. would be grateful if anyone has any info . Likewise, if anyone wants info on migration application via stni, feel free to drop us a line.

Ian & Linda
Hi,
we are off in September to mornington area. Did you manage to find any school info?
good luck, Heather
Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

Hopefully we will be going in September too. I was thinking of Williamstown. Has anybody got any info? Schools, friendliness? The are in general!!
Mandy
Old Apr 25th 2003, 6:07 pm
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Mandyisere
Hopefully we will be going in September too. I was thinking of Williamstown. Has anybody got any info? Schools, friendliness? The are in general!!
Mandy
Hi
Sorry no info but it does look nice in the pictures. My wife and I are going in Sept and that is one place on our rent hit list. Although have heard that although Williamstown is nice the areas around it are a bit industrial and to be avoided if poss... just what I heard from a Melbournite in London though. I think the best burbs are in the East south of St. Kilda/Brighton and close to the beaches but expensive I guess.
Regards
S
Old Apr 25th 2003, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

monks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there.We r also planning to go to melbourne..our retired cousins lived in Crib Point on the Mornington P. and loved it, but they have just moved to Crabourne and love it.we went there at xmas and loved Melbourne..We wont be there till next year but we love to still hear tales and all from people who have gone before us..Hutchy..my mum lives in Sunderland..in Castletown..she is all for us going as she dosent like this country anymore..
good luck to everyone..]
byee..
Old Apr 25th 2003, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by h garrett
Hi,
we are off in September to mornington area. Did you manage to find any school info?
good luck, Heather
Hi

See this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=148570

Thanks

Terry
Old Apr 26th 2003, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Teliko19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I live in Melbourne (at the moment as an international student) but my boyfriend is Australian ( we have been together for 4 years) which makes it alot easier for me to apply for residency when I have finished studying.

I just wanted to say that if anyone would like me to get them anyone would like info on Melbourne from someone already here then let me know and I can send things to you/answer any questions.

My email is [email protected]

Have a good day!
Old Apr 26th 2003, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by h garrett
Hi
We are looking at the mornington Pen. Frankston looks a good bet. Have you looked into schools yet? if so where can i find info!
Thanks Heather

Hi Heather,
I have ben in oz for 7months now and have settled in a place called Geelong about an hour from melbourne on the other side of the water from The mornington peninsula.

I noticed you have said Frankston looks a good bet.
My wifes aunt used to live in Frankston and it is getting a bit of a bad name for itself due to commisioned housing etc.
I beleive there are a lot of nice ares still, so hope you dont mind me sending this as i thought you may like to know.

Dandenong which is close by has a terrible reputation

So just be carefull what area you settle in.

Do you now anyone in frankston???

This is only what i have heard!!!! there are still some lovely ares round about and the mornington peninsula is beautifull.
Have you visited the area before.

Kind Regards
Jamie.
Old Apr 26th 2003, 7:17 am
High in the Dandenongs

Talking

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hibee
Hi Heather,
I have ben in oz for 7months now and have settled in a place called Geelong about an hour from melbourne on the other side of the water from The mornington peninsula.

Hi Jamie

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I don't know anyone in Frankston, but i have family in Rowville, at the foot of the Dandenongs. We wanted to be somewhere near a beach (as we currently live in central England), but close to family and close to the city. My cousin suggested Geelong to me the otherday on the phone.
Do you have any school age kids?
Do you know of anyother "to be avoided" areas on the peninsula?
Thanks once again, Heather

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.