Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne: 100s watch brutal gang bashing

Melbourne: 100s watch brutal gang bashing

Old Jan 31st 2009, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light
Angry Melbourne: 100s watch brutal gang bashing

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...6-1243,00.html

Why didn't more people intervene? Hundreds of people just watch.

What a bloody disgrace.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice
Default Re: Melbourne: 100s watch brutal gang bashing

They're all big and brave behind the wheel of their car,take that away and they don't want to get involved I for one could NOT have stood and watched!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

The last time people in Melbourne intervened one good Samaritan ended up dead and the other fighting for his life in intensive care.

Its sad but true they carry guns and knives these days.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:26 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10554602

Need a few Kiwi backpackers???
Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Notice they say charges probably won't be bought due to the large amount of suspects.
People can slag off the UK having cameras everywhere, but had that been in the UK they would have had all the evidence they needed.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:20 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Notice they say charges probably won't be bought due to the large amount of suspects.
People can slag off the UK having cameras everywhere, but had that been in the UK they would have had all the evidence they needed.
I thought they were saying that they were not laying charges immediately rather than not laying them at all.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, you are right, I totally missed the 'overnight' bit. Dohhh.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:37 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Devlin
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...6-1243,00.html

What a bloody disgrace.
Disbelief I imagine. Search youtube and you'll find footage of when the Mongrel Mob clashed with Black Power on the streets of Christchurch, NZ, and a man was set upon with an axe. It was so sudden and violent that people afterwards said they thought it was street theatre. Also a man recently intervened when a woman was being attacked on the streets of Auckland and was stabbed to death. Violence is just par the course for some people
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:26 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Disbelief I imagine. Search youtube and you'll find footage of when the Mongrel Mob clashed with Black Power on the streets of Christchurch, NZ, and a man was set upon with an axe. It was so sudden and violent that people afterwards said they thought it was street theatre. Also a man recently intervened when a woman was being attacked on the streets of Auckland and was stabbed to death. Violence is just par the course for some people
Tongan versus Samoan battles in Otara can be very brutal. The blood stain from a decapitation is still there last time I visited - outside the McDonalds.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 11:17 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

What a bloody disgrace.
You'd have been the first one in there with your fist out no doubt? What an armchair hero.

Graham
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

MrXnotMrY has a spectacular aura aboutMrXnotMrY has a spectacular aura aboutMrXnotMrY has a spectacular aura about

IMHO the real courage will be shown by those witnesses who are prepared to stand up and be counted when the police need statements. Too many times people just don't want to get involved in the one area they really can do some good.

MrX
Old Feb 1st 2009, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northerner
You'd have been the first one in there with your fist out no doubt? What an armchair hero.

Graham
I would have rounded up a couple of dozen people and confronted them, with enough people they would most likely back down before any physical action is required.

Your kind of (a)pathetic attitude is why these sort of things happen.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:17 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

I would have rounded up a couple of dozen people and confronted them, with enough people they would most likely back down before any physical action is required.

You are my hero. No really.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:19 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Your kind of (a)pathetic attitude is why these sort of things happen.
Devlin- you might not have had time to react. The posters attitude is not at all to blame for this sort of thing. The first time you meet such unexpected violence you sort of freeze. I like to think I'd *do* something- that my first reaction would be to protest and try to stop it but it's one of those scenarios where no one knows how they'll react before the event.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Ooooh a different bashing

I saw a bloke being bashed at 8am Sunday morning in Flinders station a couple of weeks back. There were six feral youths crowding around another fella shoving him and the odd punch was thrown.

I pressed the emergency button on the intercom unit on the platform - but annoyingly it didn't work! There was another guy standing next to me who phoned the cops on his mobile. One of the youths saw me playing around with the intercom and yelled at his mates that the police were coming better run for it.

Three of them did but three stayed behind, although only one of the three wanted to carry on - the other two were trying to push him away.

Then the cops arrived after a few minutes. They had the three youths up against one of the vending machines. One cop told them to sit down but the youths refused protesting their innocence (apparently the bashed bloke had said something rude about one's mother). One of the cops pulled out a giant can of pepper spray and waved it around a bit. The youths suddenly sat down and were quiet from then on.

It is intimidating when something like that kicks off. Especially too when it's on the platform of a train station. Nobody wants anybody falling off the platform and being squished by an oncoming train!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.