Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne = Sum of which cities?

Melbourne = Sum of which cities?

Old Feb 16th 2006, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Melbourne = Sum of which cities?

Hi all,

If you had to compare Melbourne to some other cities around the world, which would they be and why?

eg. Melbourne has the architecture of Amsterdam, the vibrancy of Barcelona, the weather of Moscow. The crime of Bogota.

Catch my drift?

TC
(ps seeing pics of thpse palms in St Kilda reminds me of Barcelona..anyone agree?)
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:12 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Melbourne = Sum of which cities?

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Hi all,

If you had to compare Melbourne to some other cities around the world, which would they be and why?

eg. Melbourne has the architecture of Amsterdam, the vibrancy of Barcelona, the weather of Moscow. The crime of Bogota.

Catch my drift?

TC
(ps seeing pics of thpse palms in St Kilda reminds me of Barcelona..anyone agree?)
So long as it doesn't have the weather of Moscow or The crime of Bogota I think you should be OK!!!!!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:21 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne = Sum of which cities?

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Hi all,

Catch my drift?

TC
Architecturally and structually it reminds me of Boston
General feel of Amsterdam...with it's trams and laid-back cafe-culture
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:23 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Architecturally and structually it reminds me of Boston
General feel of Amsterdam...with it's trams and laid-back cafe-culture
Melbourne's like Amsterdam, nope I can't see that one
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:26 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Melbourne = Sum of which cities?

Originally Posted by fraser
Oh I don't know, cannabis cafe's, prostitutes on display in windows, and all those canals and tulip sellers, seems much the same to me

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:39 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Oh I don't know, cannabis cafe's, prostitutes on display in windows, and all those canals and tulip sellers, seems much the same to me

Cheers

Buzzy
There's certainly enough prostitutes and brothels, no tulips, hash cafes or canals though.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:40 am
Account Closed

Thats because you live in the west

I meant the cafe-culture and trams...like I said

We both agree that it has similarities .....and Carl lived there for 2 years
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:41 am

Thats because you live in the west

I meant the cafe-culture and trams...like I said

We both agree that it has similarities .....and Carl lived there for 2 years
But he was permanently stoned
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:43 am
Account Closed

But he was permanently stoned
Maybe

Where do send Henry to kindy?
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:45 am

Maybe

Where do send Henry to kindy?
Murnong Kindergarten on Boardwalk Boulevard, I had to ask Rachel

Why?
Old Feb 16th 2006, 8:13 am
Account Closed

Murnong Kindergarten on Boardwalk Boulevard, I had to ask Rachel

Why?
Just regarding the ABC kindy in the news today...where the kid went missing :scared:
Old Feb 16th 2006, 8:26 am

Just regarding the ABC kindy in the news today...where the kid went missing :scared:
I hadn't heard about that
Old Feb 16th 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Melbourne has a similar feel to Cape Town. Similar architecture, similar weather, similar type of people similar size. Unfortunately, Melbourne city isn't as beautiful (but nowhere is really but Victoria has some beautiful parts too).