Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melboure New Homes

Melboure New Homes

Old May 13th 2007, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

garythornley has a brilliant futuregarythornley has a brilliant futuregarythornley has a brilliant futuregarythornley has a brilliant futuregarythornley has a brilliant futuregarythornley has a brilliant future
Default Melboure New Homes

Anyone have a list of new homes builders in Melbourne area. Either standard builds or custom?

Thanks

Gary
Old May 13th 2007, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Melboure New Homes

Not much but you could try this

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/NewDevIndex.aspx
Old May 13th 2007, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

garythornley has a brilliant futuregarythornley has a brilliant futuregarythornley has a brilliant futuregarythornley has a brilliant futuregarythornley has a brilliant futuregarythornley has a brilliant future

Thanks, will check it out.

Moving to Sanctuary Lakes soon - any feedback on this area welcome. We have two boys (14 and 8) and will be looking for schools in the area.

Cheers.

Gary:
Old May 15th 2007, 2:50 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Try asking this question on Britvics as I know there are people who live on SL that use that forum. http://z7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/...hp?showforum=1
Old May 15th 2007, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garythornley
Anyone have a list of new homes builders in Melbourne area. Either standard builds or custom?

Thanks

Gary

There are loads of builders in the area.

Try having a look at:

Porter Davis
Simmonds
Henley
Metricon
Burbank
Zuccala

We are currently living in Point Cook but are trying to sell our house and move to the SE suburbs, as the area is nice enough but just not our cup of tea, a bit too new and quiet so were going to try something different.

My son goes to Carranballac College and at his age (5) its ok but for older children I wouldn't recommend it. A lot of people I know complain about the school, seems to be quite focused on having fun and not doing much learning. A friend of mine has just changed her son to Seabrook school and is much happier that he is finally learning as he was gradually going backwards from where he was in the UK but I'm not sure what age they go up to.

Good luck with the move.
Old May 19th 2007, 12:55 am
Just Joined

Thanks,Porter Davis homes look very good. anyone any experience with this company?
Old May 19th 2007, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,Porter Davis homes look very good. anyone any experience with this company?

Yep, I built with them and I wouldn't recommend. I didn't find them very easy to deal with and constantly had to battle throughout the build to get things done properly. I do know people that have built with them and were happy though. I think as with anything its the luck of the draw as to what site manager etc you get.
Old May 19th 2007, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rachel, in the end are you happy with the house you've ended up with? Their homes do look very good.

Gary
Old May 19th 2007, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, will check it out.

Moving to Sanctuary Lakes soon - any feedback on this area welcome. We have two boys (14 and 8) and will be looking for schools in the area.

Cheers.

Gary:
Hi Gary
We're heading out that way (should be September time)

I know that the houses built on Sanctuary Lakes had to be of a certain style
have a look at point cook realestate not sure of the exact web address but shove that in and should bring it up for you.

www.realestate.com.au and Sanctuary Lakes is in the menu of areas.
We had a look at several school but were msot impressed with Caranballac College at Point Cook this is a twinned school i'm not sure what age the Boarwalk P-9 goes up to but I know both my kids (7 and 9) would go there, Boardwalk is twinned with Jamieson Way P-9 school (not sure what ages that covers though sorry.
It's hard cause alot of the schools are zoned so you need to live in a particular part to attend a certain school but we were told that if we lived at Sanctuary Lakes both school's are zoned to accept kids from Sanctuary Lakes.
Jamieson Way is closer to Sanctuary Lakes than Boardwalk.

However these are public school's we didn't look into private, if thats what your looking for i'm someone else could help?
There are also at least 2 catholic schools in Point Cook if you're interested in those?

We looked round both the above schools though, they are both very modern, seem to be well layed out, good facitilities, the schools have their own bus.
I was impressed by the students attitudes towards the teachers, there are extra classes like guitar that they can take.
we saw classes that have the use of laptops and the computer rooms have modern looking pc#s instead of old pieces of junk.

Not sure if thats any help but Sanctuary Lakes seemed lovely,we had dinner there about 5 times in the 2 weeks we were there last year very nice cafe overlooking the lakes

Jen
Old May 19th 2007, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

www.clarendonhomes.com.au
www.simonds.com.au
Old May 19th 2007, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Jen, It'll be January 08 before we move out there but my Brother moves in, in a few weeks time.
Old May 19th 2007, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

Thanks Jen, It'll be January 08 before we move out there but my Brother moves in, in a few weeks time.
tell you what that time will go quicker than you think

Is your brother moving to Sanctuary Lakes too ?

The house builders will give you an idea of the types of houses but trust me wouldn't bother seriously looking cause they change a large majority of styles etc every few months - we found that out the hard way fell in love with lots of different house designs only for them to be replaced by something we don't like much lolll

We've thrown out all the house info we collected on our trip out there (a large bag full of the stuff) waste of time keeping it.

Wish you all the best, you'll soon be there
Old May 19th 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Rachel, in the end are you happy with the house you've ended up with? Their homes do look very good.

Gary

I guess were happy enough with it but its not somewhere that I want to spend the rest of my life so its on the market at the moment and hopefully will sell soon. You can see what it turned out like on realestate here

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1179537010

Simmonds have a very good reputation and also Zuccala. I have spoken to people that have built with them and they were happy.

OH, and a word of warning, if your thinking of buying land here make your offer subject to soil test and get that done before you commit to buying the land. We were told that we couldn't do this by the estate agent and by law you can and then told by Porter Davis that there was no rock in point cook. There is, and we found some and our site costs went from $5000 to $18000. Wouldn't want someone else to make the same costly error

Good luck with deciding.

Last edited by Rachel1978; May 19th 2007 at 10:28 pm.
Old May 19th 2007, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JenJen
We had a look at several school but were msot impressed with Caranballac College at Point Cook this is a twinned school i'm not sure what age the Boarwalk P-9 goes up to but I know both my kids (7 and 9) would go there, Boardwalk is twinned with Jamieson Way P-9 school (not sure what ages that covers though sorry.

Hi Jen, my son attends Carranballac College at the moment and for a five year old its ok but I have friends with children in the higher years (ages 7/8) who say its not very good. One of my friends just moved her child out of the school as he was going backwards in reading, maths etc. and enrolled him at Seabrook School on Point Cook Road. She said its much better, already he is doing more work and seems to be learning more and they give homework which Carranballac don't.

We are trying to move at the moment to SE suburbs but if I was going to stay in Point Cook I would change his school to Seabrook.

I just thought I should warn you of some parents concerns

Rachel
Old May 19th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look through the Yellow pages on-line for the area that you want.
We've just found a smaller company to build our house and very impressed with the service they offer
I'm not a lover of the very modern houses that a lot builders are offering so we are hoping to go for a more traditional style.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.