Meets

Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

smithfield22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meets

I keep hearing about the North Meets- are these organised through a professional company or do you just meet up yourselfs? We live in the South and its too far to go to the North does anyone know of a Meet in the South? May be if there is not one we could organise it between ourselves - we are going to Adelaide in September this year and would love to meet with anyone else who is going!!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:16 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meets

Originally Posted by smithfield22
I keep hearing about the North Meets- are these organised through a professional company or do you just meet up yourselfs? We live in the South and its too far to go to the North does anyone know of a Meet in the South? May be if there is not one we could organise it between ourselves - we are going to Adelaide in September this year and would love to meet with anyone else who is going!!
We arrange meets ourselves - do you mean Expo's? There annual Expo's arranged by various companies..... Sandown Race Course & Glasgow & York & London are regular ones.... Do you subscribe to "Australian Outlook" or "Emigrate Australia"? Most are advertised in there!

www.consylpublishing.co.uk
http://www.outboundpublishing.com

The next ones I am aware of are:

"Emigrate 2006" - March 17-19 2006 – Sandown Racecourse
"Emigrate 2006" - March 25-26 2006 - SECC Glasgow

If it is meets you are after check here http://britishexpats.com/forum/calendar.php? to see if any are arranged!

Rooksie lives in Torquay & I know a few of us were talking about going down to see her & her family before they go to Aus....

Claire
x
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

No they arent organised through professional companies, only us popping into a pub and asking if there is some space we can use. We had a nightmare organising the manchester meet as the managers of the brewers fayre were rude and unhelpful. We had to commondere (sorry not sure spelling) the conservatory. Then when went to organise another one, they were even more awkward.

We tend to organise them within a certain vacinity and anyone is welcome. If you want to organise one, send out a thread. If its near a motorway(ish) it is more accessable for more people. Plus its easier if there are a couple of you organising it. Lacey21 and I do the organising and Sleeping Beauty and L-j helped us out.

We had info packs, t-shirts with our avatars on (made by lace),oz flags up, oz hats.. all bits and bats..went really well and made some good friends. Half of them now have visas or CO's, some are out of the country and its even nicer to hear how they are goin.

anyway, good luck with organising one. You will be surprised where people come from to attend.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

smithfield22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replies, its so nice to talk to people in the situation. Its not the same just talking to your friends, they don't know what you are really going through. Yes we get the papers, we've got books you name it we have been looking. I'm a bit of an organiser so I think I will organise a Meet. Thanks again, love talking.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies, its so nice to talk to people in the situation. Its not the same just talking to your friends, they don't know what you are really going through. Yes we get the papers, we've got books you name it we have been looking. I'm a bit of an organiser so I think I will organise a Meet. Thanks again, love talking.
If I can help in anyway, send me a PM. Roll on your meet!! Oh and dont forget to put it in the meet ups calender when you have a date.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
We arrange meets ourselves - do you mean Expo's? There annual Expo's arranged by various companies..... Sandown Race Course & Glasgow & York & London are regular ones.... Do you subscribe to "Australian Outlook" or "Emigrate Australia"? Most are advertised in there!

www.consylpublishing.co.uk
http://www.outboundpublishing.com

The next ones I am aware of are:

"Emigrate 2006" - March 17-19 2006 – Sandown Racecourse
"Emigrate 2006" - March 25-26 2006 - SECC Glasgow

If it is meets you are after check here http://britishexpats.com/forum/calendar.php? to see if any are arranged!

Rooksie lives in Torquay & I know a few of us were talking about going down to see her & her family before they go to Aus....

Claire
x
you got it this morning did you, you keept that quite, well done about time, so please for you hun

regards

jon
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:50 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

We had info packs, t-shirts with our avatars on (made by lace),oz flags up, oz hats.. all bits and bats..went really well and made some good friends. Half of them now have visas or CO's, some are out of the country and its even nicer to hear how they are goin.

anyway, good luck with organising one. You will be surprised where people come from to attend.[/QUOTE]

You sound really organised!!! Might pinch a few ideas!! Nottingham meet on Saturday 25th Feb!!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SalSa

anyway, good luck with organising one. You will be surprised where people come from to attend.

You sound really organised!!! Might pinch a few ideas!! Nottingham meet on Saturday 25th Feb!! [/QUOTE]

west mids meet is taking place on the same day