Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meeting new people and making friends in Australia, this might help

Meeting new people and making friends in Australia, this might help

Old Oct 12th 2013, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meeting new people and making friends in Australia, this might help

After I moved to Perth for the second time someone told me about a website to meet new people. At first I thought it sounded a bit dodgey but I figured, what the hell I dont know anyone here, no family no friends so I went along to a meetup and it was awesome.

Since then I have been to a lot of meetups in perth and a few now in melbourne. Its a great way to meet people who like you might have moved citys, or countrys and want an easy way to meet people.

Its made up of different groups for different interests, although I have only been to the pub crawls, bar nights, drinking related ones theres all sorts of groups doing all sorts of activities and interests.
Theres a real mix of people that go, some are locals who just want to make new friends, theres couples and singles mixed in, all sorts and mostly across all age ranges. Some groups specify age ranges but a lot are open to anyone.

They are all free, occasionally they may do an event, like archery where a club will charge, or if your going boating, or to a comedy club they list all the fees.

So if your looking to met new people, whether you just arrived or have been here awhile check it out, it can be a hell of a lot of fun and everyone goes in with the positive attitude of wanting to meet people so everyones in the right frame of mind.

http://www.meetup.com
Old Oct 15th 2013, 11:32 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meeting new people and making friends in Australia, this might help

that's a great resource thanks for that