Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meeting the most interesting person

Meeting the most interesting person

Old Oct 10th 2004, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

junekelly is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Meeting the most interesting person

Have you ever really taken time out to get to know the person closest to you? I had always thought that I knew me and that maybe others didn't really know me very well at all. Just recently I found that I didn't really know myself that well after all.

If you had asked me who I was ,I would have said without to much thought that I was a person that liked to take charge, make money and always learn something new each day. Of course my children and family were very important but I would have thought the essence of me was definately financial.

I asked myself a couple of questions that really shocked me.

1 what three things would I have wanted to have learn't at the end of my life and why was that so important?

2 What inscription would I like to have on my tombstone?

3. If you had only a week to live who would you spend the time with and what would you be doing?

4 what was it that you wanted in the past,k present and future (list everything).

5. If you could do anything and you knew you couldn't fail, what would you want to do?

I'm sure that everyone has individual answers, but something I will say is that if nothing else it will give you a better insight into yourself. You may even find that you have been living with someone that you hardly know. Spend time with yourself and find out your dreams. You might actually find that your living with someone exciting with wonderful dreams that can come true.

Take time to ponder over your life and the opportunity to make a difference.

June
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Re: Meeting the most interesting person

Hi June

ive said this before on here..but from your post, i would say that a good read for you would be

"Self Matters" by Dr. Philip McGraw

Shows you how to live the life you have always wanted to live. Not in a mollycoddling way either, but blunt and straight to the point.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

junekelly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meeting the most interesting person

[QUOTE=podgypossum]Hi June

I've read the book and I must say that I did find it interesting. He is a great writer and someone that followed his dream. I guess he realised that living someone else's dream wouldn't make him happy. Thanks so much for recommendiing the book. its much appreciated

June