Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meet ups in Perth

Meet ups in Perth

Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

MartinAndMandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Meet ups in Perth

Anybody know of any meet ups in Perth apart from Hillarys? My wife and I have recently emigrated to Perth from West Yorkshire in England and need to talk to other migrants about their own experiences and maybe make a friend or two! We both work full-time now so we can't make the Hillarys meet-up.

TIA
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

IRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really nice
Default Re: Meet ups in Perth

Originally Posted by MartinAndMandy
Anybody know of any meet ups in Perth apart from Hillarys? My wife and I have recently emigrated to Perth from West Yorkshire in England and need to talk to other migrants about their own experiences and maybe make a friend or two! We both work full-time now so we can't make the Hillarys meet-up.

TIA
It depends where you live, I believe there is a meeting down in Rockinhgham area. Not sure about the northern areas I'm afraid.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

borehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant future

try www.pomsinperth.com
i hope you are enjoying your new life in perth.

Last edited by borehamwood; Apr 28th 2007 at 10:06 am.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

Hi Martin and Mandy,
Whereabouts are you living?
We have been here about 3 months now, and have the same problem as you in that we both work full-time and have two children (10 and 7), and we are finding it really hard to make time to meet new people and make friends.
We're just SOR in Como, so if you're nearby, maybe we could meet up?

Louise, Brian, Katie and Harry
Old May 1st 2007, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

deb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to all

hi there ,

we have also been here about 2 months now and have never been up to the Hillarys meet. always seem to miss it ,

Shall we make one of own for the southerners (of Perth) on this site.

i will start first , in true AA style

My name is debbie , and i am a new comer to Perth, i would like to meet different people with or without children in the outer central area .
i am living in Seville Grove ( near Armadale) and i have an 18 yrs old (who is bored ) and a nutty 3 year old. if anyone would like to meet for a coffee , or a wine or 2 let me know ,

pm me if you are willing to have a meet in lets say the Carousel Centre

any takers

debb
Old May 1st 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

IRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really nice

Sorry, where is the Carousel Centre?

Andrea
Old May 1st 2007, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Mort has a spectacular aura aboutMort has a spectacular aura aboutMort has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by deb-n-rob2006
hi there ,

we have also been here about 2 months now and have never been up to the Hillarys meet. always seem to miss it ,

My name is debbie , and i am a new comer to Perth, i would like to meet different people with or without children in the outer central area .
i am living in Seville Grove ( near Armadale) and i have an 18 yrs old (who is bored ) and a nutty 3 year old. if anyone would like to meet for a coffee , or a wine or 2 let me know ,

any takers

debb
Hi Debb
Mort here, me and OH are looking at Seville Grove for rent/buy at the moment, gonna be working in Welshpool and dont fancy having to drive through the city to get to work.
Still in UK at minute, getting 457 temp visa through oz company so should be there July/August time.
What do you think of Seville Grove then? you happy with it, looks nice on the pics but would like an opinion of a resident.
Re meet ups, reckon we could be up for a few bevvies, or a refined wine (or whine!) in a couple of months.
Mort
Old May 1st 2007, 11:59 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

hi there ,

any takers

debb
Carousel is near me!!

let me know is you have a meet up and i'll be there

oh IRB

it's in Cannington! just up the Roe H'wy! off the Kenwick Link!
Old May 2nd 2007, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

obogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MartinAndMandy

TIA

sorry juts arrived a couple of weeks ago - actually will be living in Hillarys ? What and where is this meet up ? Can anyone advise ?
Old May 2nd 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by obogk
sorry juts arrived a couple of weeks ago - actually will be living in Hillarys ? What and where is this meet up ? Can anyone advise ?
Hiya obogk,
Welcome to Oz, hope your enjoying the weather
Hillarys meet is at the Quay Cafe on Thursdays from 12pm I think and there is also another one at The Boat at Mindarie on Tuesday lunchtimes 12pm.
Hope this helps. We are down in Secret Harbour so its a bit of trek up there and not been to one.

Lynne
Old May 3rd 2007, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

deb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mort
Hi Debb
Mort here, me and OH are looking at Seville Grove for rent/buy at the moment, gonna be working in Welshpool and dont fancy having to drive through the city to get to work.
Still in UK at minute, getting 457 temp visa through oz company so should be there July/August time.
What do you think of Seville Grove then? you happy with it, looks nice on the pics but would like an opinion of a resident.
Re meet ups, reckon we could be up for a few bevvies, or a refined wine (or whine!) in a couple of months.
Mort
hi ya mort, just pm me when you get here, for the whine or the wine always welcome,

Seville grove is OK , We had a bit of a rush to get a place when we got here, my hubby went to every real estate agent along the albany highway, to be told that that was nothing available, within our price range, and we only had 2 days left in the hotel in perth. Panic!!!!!! , then he came across a little shop under a tree , you could hardly see it from the road. and he batted his lashes at her and pratically begged on his knees, and this young girl took pity on his tale and said that there was a viewing that afternoon , and said "if the wife likes it it hers" .
its a lovelly house , 4 x 2 with a nice garden , nothing to special about it but very clean and just been decorated. ( the owner very fussy about her garden tho , huge stipulation in agreement) . but the area is very nice , i havent seen any trouble, its a bit like Wistria lane from desperate houswives . except wiithout the murder . Armadale have had a huge face lift, it is building a massive shopping complex in the town which is poen but will be finished around xmas , couple or restaurants , a elizabethan inn ( pub) , and parks everywhere, all kept nicely.
a house went the other day for only $315.000 and it was very nice as we had a peek at it . i think that is about our budget realy
have a look at www.realestate.com.au to get a better idea. westfied , armadale, mount nasura, kelmscott, gosnells, maddington, huntingdale, are all in about 10 mins drive to each other. give it a go .

debs
Old May 3rd 2007, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Carousel is near me!!

let me know is you have a meet up and i'll be there

oh IRB

it's in Cannington! just up the Roe H'wy! off the Kenwick Link!

hi,
we're only about 5 mins from westfield carousel in cannington too!
i'll be there too!
louise
Old May 3rd 2007, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by indalo
hi,
we're only about 5 mins from westfield carousel in cannington too!
i'll be there too!
louise
hi louise,

when shall we make the meet then , are you a bored housewife too??

i think that i am losing my mind with bordem recently. only been here 2 months, and i really need adult communication lol . do you have any kids??
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

emma01 has a spectacular aura aboutemma01 has a spectacular aura aboutemma01 has a spectacular aura about

Hi all

We are on the verge of getting our visas soon and i think its great to be able to do meet ups. I will be in perth by the end of the year with family thats me, husband, two kids, boy 9 and girl 4.
It will be great to join the meetups as i think that would be the nightmare thing for me being on my own not knowing anyone (husband good company but nothing like good female chatting)

The thing i want to pester you guys with is the house prices really that bad and is it hard to find places to rent and good areas with great schools for me to start looking would be much appreciated.

cheers all

emma
Old May 7th 2007, 4:39 am
Just Joined

clareh will become famous soon enough

hi there ,

any takers

debb
Hi, We have lived here 9 months now and still trying to sort out a social life.Have only just found out about this site so fingers crossed it will help.I have a two year old so happy to meet for coffee although we never say no to a glass of wine or two lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.