British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Meet ups in Melbourne (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/meet-ups-melbourne-847506/)

Lucy13 Nov 21st 2014 2:16 am

Meet ups in Melbourne

Hi,

I am a 25 yr old and who has just arrived in Melbourne to start a 2year secondment with work. It would be great to meet up with people who have also moved over from the UK.

Thanks,

Lucy

Jilliebee Nov 21st 2014 11:06 am

Re: Meet ups in Melbourne

Hi Lucy - welcome to Melbourne! try meetup.com and also there's a great FB page called Poms Living in Victoria which have quite a few meet ups and links to others :)

Lucy13 Nov 21st 2014 8:34 pm

Thanks Gillian. I'll give them a try.

Davidachy Nov 22nd 2014 4:55 am

Hi Lucy,

I have just arrived in Melbourne with my other half. I am on a 6month secondment with my work and my girlfriend is just looking for general jobs. We would like to meet people in a similar situation. We are 27 and 28.

Hope your settling in.

David

Lucy13 Nov 22nd 2014 7:49 pm

Hi David,

Good to hear from you. When did you guys get here? I have been busy finding somewhere to live in the few days I have been here. It might be good to catch up at some point to compare how we have found it so far.

Lucy

Davidachy Nov 22nd 2014 11:44 pm

We arrived on Thursday morning, staying on St Kilda road until next week as we try to find somewhere more permanent. We are hoping to get somewhere around chapel street. How is your flat hunting going?

I agree, would be good to catch up and see how we have got on.

David

Lucy13 Nov 23rd 2014 1:51 am

I arrived Thursday night. I am in the CBD at the moment but also looking round South Yarra / Prarhan area for somewhere more permanent.

Lucy13 Nov 23rd 2014 1:57 am

I've looked at a few places but haven't been completely sold on any yet. I think I will have a better idea once I have seen a few more. How have you been getting on?

Lucy

Davidachy Nov 23rd 2014 3:58 am

We have viewed one at the moment but hoping for better luck tomorrow. We want fully furnished but they seem few and far between and quite a bit more expensive.

Davidachy Dec 1st 2014 6:12 am

We found a flat on Toorak road, very close to chapel street. Move in thir Friday, will be nice to get out of the hotel! How are you getting on?

David

Lucy13 Dec 1st 2014 10:31 am

Hey, nice one! I think I found sonewherw near Hawksburn station, looking forward to moving in. How is everything else going?

Lucy

Davidachy Dec 1st 2014 10:49 am

Yeah it will be nice and feel like we have settled a bit more. Things are good, trying to meet a few people and things. We are going to a meetup thing on Friday which is drinks at a new bar called Vamos on little Bourne street. We can add you onto our rsvp if you fancy it?

Lucy13 Dec 1st 2014 11:04 am

Ah I would love to but it is my office Christmas party on Friday. Would definitely be up for coming along to the next one. Thank you!

Molly Coddle Dec 5th 2014 1:54 pm

Hope it's all going well for you Lucy, it sounds like you are settling in well but just thought I'd pop in here and say if you ever need some company, coffee or whatever, give me a shout I'm not far from the city.:regular_smile:

Lucy13 Dec 6th 2014 3:52 am

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch. Yes would be lovely to go for a coffee sometime.

David - how was last night? it would also be good to catch uo with you and your girlfriend at some point if would like to?

Lucy