Reload this Page >

Meet up thursday 11th March. Sydney CBD

Meet up thursday 11th March. Sydney CBD

Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

dommod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meet up thursday 11th March. Sydney CBD

Hi
I am from Bristol and lived back over here for 9 months now, im opening my doors to my new art gallery on March 11th in Sydney CBD and was hoping that some of you might like to come along, I would be happy to see some faces.
We will be giving out drinks and water whilst you look at great art.
Below is the flyer for the show and as soon as I have signed the lease on the building ill announce the location through my web site – www.bickergallery.com but its easy to get to and good bars etc close by.....

(Please don't remove this as it’s a genuine offer to all, not just a plug!)
Old Jan 31st 2010, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meet up thursday 11th March. Sydney CBD

Oh lovely- looks very interesting.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Sounds good!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:39 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Bookmark
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Bookmark
what does that mean??
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:45 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dommod
what does that mean??
Sorry, means subscribed. Its a term lifted from another forum,.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Old Feb 5th 2010, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

Hi Dom
Congratulations on the opening of your gallery - and the start of the journey on your 163 visa!! we wish you all the best of luck and will put the opening night in the diary and plan to be there.
Lisa & Martin (fellow 163 receipients)
Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

loradora is an unknown quantity at this point

I will definately come along - sounds good!!! I am an Art Teacher and am currently creating a body of work to exhibit
Old Feb 6th 2010, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Boyak is just really niceBoyak is just really niceBoyak is just really niceBoyak is just really niceBoyak is just really niceBoyak is just really niceBoyak is just really niceBoyak is just really nice
Talking Re: Meet up thursday 11th March. Sydney CBD

Originally Posted by loradora
I will definately come along - sounds good!!! I am an Art Teacher and am currently creating a body of work to exhibit
Hi Loradora, on a seperate note, im hoping to find work as an art teacher when i arrive in Sydney in the next couple of months. I have been looking for some time in the Sydney Times online and havnt seen much in that field. Is it difficult to find work in our field? I would love to have a chat on here if you could spare me some time about your experiences i would be really grateful. Look forward to hearing from you, Kasia
ps domond, if i was there i would be there.

Last edited by Boyak; Feb 6th 2010 at 3:07 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 12:18 am
Just Joined

loradora is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boyak
Hi Loradora, on a seperate note, im hoping to find work as an art teacher when i arrive in Sydney in the next couple of months. I have been looking for some time in the Sydney Times online and havnt seen much in that field. Is it difficult to find work in our field? I would love to have a chat on here if you could spare me some time about your experiences i would be really grateful. Look forward to hearing from you, Kasia
ps domond, if i was there i would be there.
Hello!!! Have a look and see what I posted on this thread. It also has other useful information that you should read.

I will be honest with you though, Art Positions here are very rare and competition is very high. Make sure you register with New South Wales Education Dept before you come out and when you get here you will need to do a two week course, like a mini PGCE. You might be very lucky and get a job but expect to do Casual Teaching in Primary or Secondary. If your really struggling to find any work, you can sign up with Child Care Agencies for Casual work also. Hope this helps, Laura

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...28#post8316628
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Hello....
Ill be pleased to meet all of you, please come up and introduce your self (you will have to excuse me if I dont remember names as its a busy night for me - just quote Expat forum) and ill be happy to introduce you to the artist and point you in the direction of a free drink. it should turn out to be a good night - I will be holding shows every other month so there will be something for everyone....
Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Just so you know we have announced the venue:

443 Oxford Street
Paddington
Sydney

Last edited by dommod; Feb 15th 2010 at 8:40 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dommod
Just so you know we have announced the venue:

443 Oxford Street
Paddington
Sydney
Just ordered the red wine in.....
Old Mar 4th 2010, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with it- sadly I will not now make opening night as I've started a new job and will be too tired to crawl into the city!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.