Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meet Up Near Bristol??

Meet Up Near Bristol??

Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Meet Up Near Bristol??

There is a nice pub, food and play area for kids, just as you drive into Portishead.
Can't think what its called at the moment, but how does Portishead sound??
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

I found it.

It's a Brewer's Fayre Pub.

Hoping this link to it works....

http://www.pub-explorer.com/somerset...ordanogate.htm

Let me know what you think, or if you can think of anywhere else...

meme x
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Huggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really nice

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks for all your good wishes on the visa grant. It would take me until December to reply to everyone individually!!

Congrats to anyone who may have got there's since which I may have missed - am frantically updating myself on what's been happening since Monday.

Would love to join your meet ups - however, bit far for me but I'll be there in spirit. Is there a piece of cake left?

Kat xx
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Huggkat
Hi everyone,

Would love to join your meet ups - however, bit far for me but I'll be there in spirit. Is there a piece of cake left?

Kat xx

We'll save you a slice and post it to you next day. registered post!!

Congrats again on the visa.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Huggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really nice

Originally Posted by memewest
We'll save you a slice and post it to you next day. registered post!!

Congrats again on the visa.

Thanks meme,

Can't wait for that! Hope it doesn't hit my hips too hard - bridesmaid next week, final fitting just had this morning.

Kat
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi best of luck on your bridesmaids duties, going to wedding next Saturday cant wait to wear a hat Hi Meme the pub in Portishead is quite nice, havent been there for a while I think they have an outdoor play area as well as an indoor area, thats fine for us we will just go with the flow
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey, thats fab!!

Anyone else up for/ok with portishead??

the list is a little lonely, add your name....

meme
shar
Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Hey, thats fab!!

Anyone else up for/ok with portishead??

the list is a little lonely, add your name....

meme
shar
Portishead is fine with me too!! Thursday or Friday is best for me!!

So, now there's

Meme
Shar
Mel

Anyone else?

Mel

we'll have a slice of cake for those who are there in mind but not in person!!! Mmmm, actually, I've eaten quite a lot of cake today!!

Mel
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by melbert
Portishead is fine with me too!! Thursday or Friday is best for me!!

So, now there's

Meme
Shar
Mel

Anyone else?

Mel

we'll have a slice of cake for those who are there in mind but not in person!!! Mmmm, actually, I've eaten quite a lot of cake today!!

Mel

Ah Mel.... I can't make thur or fri, but any other day that week is fine...
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Ah Mel.... I can't make thur or fri, but any other day that week is fine...
I'll have to see if it's my Wednesday off then, I work Mondays and Tuesdays and every other Wednesday - new job (in the same company) starting on Monday, so think it may be a bit cheeky to ask for time off in a couple of weeks taking into account the fact that we're off to Prague in November!!(without kids - yay!!!!!)

Will let you know!!

Mel
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'll have to see if it's my Wednesday off then, I work Mondays and Tuesdays and every other Wednesday - new job (in the same company) starting on Monday, so think it may be a bit cheeky to ask for time off in a couple of weeks taking into account the fact that we're off to Prague in November!!(without kids - yay!!!!!)

Will let you know!!

Mel

See what you can do and i'll see if i can change anything this end...
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Will let you know!!

Mel

Hi Mel.

Have you managed to see if it's your wed off that week??

We have family staying over Thur + Fri night for a 'halloween party'? (*apparently we're doing one*)

4 Adults and 5 Kids + 2 Springers! so won't be able to get out of that.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Hiya Meme,

I'm going to sound really stupid now, but, what date are we looking at? I have realised that your half term week may not match ours as we're in different counties!!

Let me know and then I can see!!

Cheers

Mel;D
x
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hiya Meme,

I'm going to sound really stupid now, but, what date are we looking at? I have realised that your half term week may not match ours as we're in different counties!!

Let me know and then I can see!!

Cheers

Mel;D
x

Hey Mel, no worries....

Our half term week is from monday 27th Oct til tuesday 4th Nov! they go back to school on wed Nov 5th....

wow!! didn't realise they have an extra couple of days.... that'll be good...

so can make any time that week then apart from the thur and fri (30th+31st) although maybe a little hung over on the saturday if i have anything to do with it...

I don't mind arranging parties, sorting things out etc, just not too keen on the actual party itself... like to disappear when peeps turn up, end up getting in a right old flap.. don't mind going to parties that others have arranged tho...
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey Mel, no worries....

Our half term week is from monday 27th Oct til tuesday 4th Nov! they go back to school on wed Nov 5th....

wow!! didn't realise they have an extra couple of days.... that'll be good...

so can make any time that week then apart from the thur and fri (30th+31st) although maybe a little hung over on the saturday if i have anything to do with it...

I don't mind arranging parties, sorting things out etc, just not too keen on the actual party itself... like to disappear when peeps turn up, end up getting in a right old flap.. don't mind going to parties that others have arranged tho...
Typical, it's my week to work - although I could try for one of the days off, I'll sound them out next week when I'm back in!! Can't do anything the following week as we're away but may be ok for a weekend??

How would you be fixed for either the Weds before (22nd) or the weekend (25th &26th)?

Good luck with the party preps!!

Mel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.