Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meet Up Near Bristol??

Meet Up Near Bristol??

Old Sep 18th 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Meet Up Near Bristol??

Hi Guys *waves*

OK.....this is a meet for anyone who would like to meet up and is within driving distance of Bristol as it seems quite central to a few of us...

I'm up for meeting....

Doesn't have to be Bristol, so if anyone has any other suggestions, go ahead!!

Anyone fancy October Half Term?? or would peeps prefer no kids??
Old Sep 18th 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all
Default Re: Meet Up Near Bristol??

Woo, hoo, it worked!!!

Yes, count me in!! Don't mind when, with or without kids!! (sorry, that's not really much help is it!!)

Mel
Old Sep 18th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Dont mind kids being there might be nice for them to meet others making the move. Dont mind where either.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Might also be nice with no kids too
Old Sep 18th 2008, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

carl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nice

Hi guys

Would love to come, unfortunately the 600 mile journey from Bonnie Scotland might just be a bit much for a slice of cake - not that im saying your cake is not worth the journey Mel

I shall be there in spirit!!!

Ang
Old Sep 18th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by melbert
Woo, hoo, it worked!!!

Yes, count me in!! Don't mind when, with or without kids!! (sorry, that's not really much help is it!!)

Mel
YAY!! you found it!!

Originally Posted by shar07
Dont mind kids being there might be nice for them to meet others making the move. Dont mind where either.
I don't mind the kids there either, and yes, would be nice for them to meet others that are going...also means we don't have to get back for them to be picked up from school..

Originally Posted by shar07
Might also be nice with no kids too
Perhaps we can arrange 2 then??

One with, and One without?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

sounds good to me
Old Sep 18th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

So shall we try and arrange one for the half term week??

We're in Somerset, and our october half term is always the last week in october.
We're busy thurs 30th and halloween on the 31st, but can do mon 27th, tues 28th or wed 29th.

Any good??
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Figured i'd just say a little about us....

There's Me... 30something... Husband-Jeremy, 39 soon!! Elizabeth - 8yrs and James - 6yrs.

Both are really, really excited about going to live in Australia. Jer loves Melbourne, so if the works there for him, then we'll probably end up settling there...he's in IT.

You??
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Would love to do both too.

Now for us!!

Me - Mel 36, Hubby Dave 36, Amy 13, Erin 3 & Ethan (the pain) 2. Hubby is an electrician and works for the railway, I'm in HR (local government!!), Amy can't wait to move, Erin keeps asking 'Are we going to Australia today, mummy?' Ethan copies everything that Erin says!! Headed to Perth and waiting!!! Amy wants to be out there asap and doesn't want to even think about her options here (for GCSE's).

Carl-ang perhaps you can be an honorary south westerner and we'll have your slice of cake!!! Where are you headed? I can't remember!!!

Mel
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

carl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nice

Hi Mel

we are heading to Brisbane, the sooner the better

hope you all enjoy your cake, not that im jealous or anything

Ang
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi this is us - Sharon (38) Pre-school teacher, Mike (40) Electrician, Brad (12) and Jess (9) we are heading to Perth, never been there so just taking a gamble, we are not doing much in half term so can prob do anytime just let me know the time and place it will be great to meet everyone (met mel) and she does make great cakes l
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

will have a look today on google maps and see if i can find somewhere we can meet.

What do we want??

Pub?? with play area??

Service station??

Need some ideas...

Nice to *meet* you shar!

meme xx
Old Sep 19th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Where abouts near Bristol are you thinking of? We live in Cheltenham so not too far away, theres me 22, Mark, 34, James 11wks!

We have been decided on Perth for about 9 months now then last night OH raises his head and said "I fancy Brisbane now, Looked at jobs there and I think there better for me!"

Great... I know nothing about Brisbane, its suburbs, area's, facilities anything!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

We'd like to settle where the work is and near my BIL, but he keeps moving around!

First was in Brisbane, then to Rockhampton, at the moment he's in Newcastle but had a job interview down in Melbourne on Tues!

So we have no definate idea of where we're gonna end up, but everytime he's moved i look at the place and research and think, 'yeah, we could live there' but i'm not really too fussed.

I don't really know Bristol at all, but am going to sit down and have a look and see where we can meet.
Ideas would be great though!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.