Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meet up Melbourne areas??

Meet up Melbourne areas??

Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice
Default Re: Meet up Melbourne areas??

Originally Posted by Margaret3
I am currently trying to arrange a ladies lunc in st kilda on 4th oct at 1pm, not arranged place to eat yet, but will let you know,

AAAggghhhh!!!!!

The one day we can't make - its our sons 5th birthday and have promised him a day out!!

Anyone want to make an additional date - we'd love to meet up with everyone!

Ange x
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice

Originally Posted by cooksdownunder
There seems to be a few of us wanting to meet up, we don't arrive until 9th Oct, but shall we all make a date, be nice to have this to look forward to. St Kilda is a good place to meet, judging from where people are, it is no more than 30 mins drive for most, just around the corner then! There is a huge beach bar there right on the front, loads of parking and good for the kids, assuming bar is still there, we've been away for a year or so! How about a Sunday meet up, usually a good day for people work/school wise. Also there is a good market on in St Kilda on a Sunday (spot the shopper!), people can have a look around and then we can meet for a drink/lunch? How about Sunday 12th or Sunday 19th Oct?

Aaahhh,

Just seen this! Would love to come on either day! What does everyone else prefer?

Ange x
Old Sep 10th 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

ClaireM will become famous soon enough

Hey - count me in on any meets please

Got here on 5th August, love it so far except I don't know anybody! I currently live in the CBD so as long as I can get there by train the venue is good for me
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Global-151 is an unknown quantity at this point

Aspendale is about 20 minutes from us and save for a long weekend on the Great Ocean Road (3rd Oct) any weekend would currently work for us
Old Sep 11th 2008, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Location: Suffolk to Melbourne to Suffolk and back to Melbourne again!
cooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nice

Hi everyone, shall we go for Sunday 12th Oct at midday? Hope this is ok with everyone. Wait to hear from Global if the Beach House is still there for a venue, looking forward to it, anyone want anything brought over from the UK, can't fit M &S or Tesco or the Premiership teams in my bag!!?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Global-151 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, shall we go for Sunday 12th Oct at midday? Hope this is ok with everyone. Wait to hear from Global if the Beach House is still there for a venue, looking forward to it, anyone want anything brought over from the UK, can't fit M &S or Tesco or the Premiership teams in my bag!!?
A few gold medals there abit short of them down here ... did I say that out loud
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

cooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nice

Originally Posted by Global-151
A few gold medals there abit short of them down here ... did I say that out loud
Have to admit it was quite satisfying seeing GB team's position on the medal table! We went to watch England play Wallabies at Rugby (we love our sport!) at Telstra Dome in Melbourne, we proudly wore our English rose in a sea of gold and green we were the lone white shirts! We got hammered, took serious amount of stick, got home after the match found our lovely Aussie neighbours had taped a huge poster on our front door with "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oy,oy,oy!" Grrrr..... we had that the whole way home on the train!
As I can't remember the name of this place, shall we all meet at the St Kilda Pier, which is next to the car park? Might also help spotting each other as opposed to walking into a packed bar/restaurant.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

12th Oct sounds great! Count us in!!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MillsyandtheTroop
12th Oct sounds great! Count us in!!
Hi Fellow Junies, thought we recognised the name from way back then.

How you doing, we are loving it, might be able to make that meet also.

Cheers,

Rob, Helen & Caitlain.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robertnhelen
Hi Fellow Junies, thought we recognised the name from way back then.

How you doing, we are loving it, might be able to make that meet also.

Cheers,

Rob, Helen & Caitlain.
Hia!

Great to hear things going so well for you! - when did you move out? How has Caitlin adapted?

Gosh, it seems such a long time ago now that we were waiting for our visa's! I think you were one of the first junies to get theirs - is that right? I remember being very envious!!!

Really hope to see you at the meet, would be great to meet you!

Ange, Chris, Jake and Thea x
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

ClaireM will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone, shall we go for Sunday 12th Oct at midday? Hope this is ok with everyone.
It's in the diary
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:41 pm
jmc
Midlands to Mornington

jmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to all

Hi
Where abouts in the east midlands are you from, we are from Leicester and are now living in Mornington.
Lou
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

There is a meet taking place on the 11th October at Mornington Park on the foreshore. They will then probably be monthly after that. There are a lot of Britvicers heading down you should come it will be fun
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Stuey26 is an unknown quantity at this point

so is this meet CBD area??? we new and up for meets after work and sundays best as Saturdays doing the house hunting thing

Stuart
Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by UK-2-OZ
There is a meet taking place on the 11th October at Mornington Park on the foreshore. They will then probably be monthly after that. There are a lot of Britvicers heading down you should come it will be fun
Can't make 11th, please can you keep us posted for the next meet, much appreciated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.