Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meet up Melbourne areas??

Meet up Melbourne areas??

Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice
Default Meet up Melbourne areas??

Hi all,

We move to Melbourne on the 21st Sep - myself, hubby and 2 kids - to the Aspendale area.

Are there any meet ups planned for Melbourne as I can't see any listed and it would be great to catch up with other people who have recently made the move and people who been in Melbourne for a while!!!

We don't know anyone in Melbourne and are a bit concerned about being friend less!!!

Hope to meet someone soon!!

Ange and Chris x
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Sonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really nice
Default Re: Meet up Melbourne areas??

Originally Posted by MillsyandtheTroop
Hi all,

We move to Melbourne on the 21st Sep - myself, hubby and 2 kids - to the Aspendale area.

Are there any meet ups planned for Melbourne as I can't see any listed and it would be great to catch up with other people who have recently made the move and people who been in Melbourne for a while!!!

We don't know anyone in Melbourne and are a bit concerned about being friend less!!!

Hope to meet someone soon!!

Ange and Chris x
Good luck to you both,
We arrived in Melbourne in April 08 and didn't know a soul. We are in Clarinda about 11km from Aspendale, which is just round the corner in Australian terms.

Lynne has met lots of other mums because our eldest is in reception class at school and all the other kids in his class started at the same time so all the mums were just getting to know each other. Our yongest Daisy is just 4 and our eldest Billy is nearly 6.

I am studying and am in touch with a quite a few brits through college,but apart from that we havent met that many other brits since we been here

Melbourne is pretty freindly place and i'm sure you'll settle right in.
i've PM'd you my email. would love to meet up once you get here.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:04 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sonny & Lynne
Good luck to you both,
We arrived in Melbourne in April 08 and didn't know a soul. We are in Clarinda about 11km from Aspendale, which is just round the corner in Australian terms.

Lynne has met lots of other mums because our eldest is in reception class at school and all the other kids in his class started at the same time so all the mums were just getting to know each other. Our yongest Daisy is just 4 and our eldest Billy is nearly 6.

I am studying and am in touch with a quite a few brits through college,but apart from that we havent met that many other brits since we been here

Thought I knew that name. Was passing through this morning well just near Clayton Station near Centre Road. After shooting down the Westall bypass your only really about 10 mins drive from Aspendale?
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sonny & Lynne
Good luck to you both,

Hia,

Have PM'd you

ange
x
Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Nobody else intersted in a Melbourne meet?!!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently trying to arrange a ladies lunc in st kilda on 4th oct at 1pm, not arranged place to eat yet, but will let you know,
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Location: Suffolk to Melbourne to Suffolk and back to Melbourne again!
cooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nice

We arrive in Melbourne on 9th Oct, would really like to come to a meet up with fellow brits. This will be our second time moving over, more nervous this time than last. We think not having any English friends did not help last time, we are determined to make an effort this time. We will be in Ferny Creek in the Dandenongs, near Sassafras. We know Aspendale, about 40 mins from where we will be. Hope to meet some of you soon.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cooksdownunder
We arrive in Melbourne on 9th Oct, would really like to come to a meet up with fellow brits. This will be our second time moving over, more nervous this time than last. We think not having any English friends did not help last time, we are determined to make an effort this time. We will be in Ferny Creek in the Dandenongs, near Sassafras. We know Aspendale, about 40 mins from where we will be. Hope to meet some of you soon.
We've been here since the end of July, pretty much settled but in need of friends. Would love to attend a meet if someone's organising one fairly centrally (loads of the meets seem to be down on the peninsula and we're in richmond). A lunch in St Kilda would be great if it goes ahead (though saturdays are a pain at the mo becuase we're mostly househunting)
Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Global-151 is an unknown quantity at this point

We arrived on the 1st August and for most of us (Myself and kids) getting settled in Frankston (mornington Penninsula).

My wife hayley is suffering a little not making as many friends as quickly as shed like so wed be more than happy to meet up with any new arrivals in the same boat.

Aspindale is a short drive for us so please get in touch
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

cooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nice

There seems to be a few of us wanting to meet up, we don't arrive until 9th Oct, but shall we all make a date, be nice to have this to look forward to. St Kilda is a good place to meet, judging from where people are, it is no more than 30 mins drive for most, just around the corner then! There is a huge beach bar there right on the front, loads of parking and good for the kids, assuming bar is still there, we've been away for a year or so! How about a Sunday meet up, usually a good day for people work/school wise. Also there is a good market on in St Kilda on a Sunday (spot the shopper!), people can have a look around and then we can meet for a drink/lunch? How about Sunday 12th or Sunday 19th Oct?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cooksdownunder
There seems to be a few of us wanting to meet up, we don't arrive until 9th Oct, but shall we all make a date, be nice to have this to look forward to. St Kilda is a good place to meet, judging from where people are, it is no more than 30 mins drive for most, just around the corner then! There is a huge beach bar there right on the front, loads of parking and good for the kids, assuming bar is still there, we've been away for a year or so! How about a Sunday meet up, usually a good day for people work/school wise. Also there is a good market on in St Kilda on a Sunday (spot the shopper!), people can have a look around and then we can meet for a drink/lunch? How about Sunday 12th or Sunday 19th Oct?
Sounds good to me,

Do you recall the name of the Bar and ill check if its still there this weekend
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Global-151
We arrived on the 1st August and for most of us (Myself and kids) getting settled in Frankston (mornington Penninsula).

My wife hayley is suffering a little not making as many friends as quickly as shed like so wed be more than happy to meet up with any new arrivals in the same boat.

Aspindale is a short drive for us so please get in touch
Hi, we are East Midlanders and live in Langwarrin next to Frankston and have a large circle of friends from all cultures not just fellow Pommies, if you need some friendly company just let us know.

Rob, Helen & Caitlain (9)
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Hi would love to meet up.

Have PM'd you
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Sounds good to me,

Do you recall the name of the Bar and ill check if its still there this weekend
Thanks Global, that would be great, think it was called the St Kilda Beach House, if you stand facing the pier and look to the left it was just across the car park, there was always lots of tables outside. Hopefully still there. Look forward to meeting you.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Hi would love to meet up.

Have PM'd you
Down at the Langwarrin Hotel tonight in the sports bar, its on the main Cranbourne Frankston Road next to shopping centre, will be there until about 8pm if your interested.

Where abouts in the E Mids are you from?

Cheers,

Rob n Helen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.