British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Meet up Gold Coast (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/meet-up-gold-coast-504594/)

neil_coul Jan 8th 2008 1:41 pm

Meet up Gold Coast

Hi

I am moving to the Gold Coast in Nov 2008 but going to be there from the 4th -18 feb.Just wanted to know if any expats are meeting up along those times so i can introduce myself

Keif Miller Feb 2nd 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Meet up Gold Coast

Originally Posted by neil_coul (Post 5758193)
Hi

I am moving to the Gold Coast in Nov 2008 but going to be there from the 4th -18 feb.Just wanted to know if any expats are meeting up along those times so i can introduce myself

come to o'malleys next saturday about 4ish if you can

soapy© Feb 3rd 2008 1:01 am

Hi

welcome neil, have a look at this:)

GrayRabbit Feb 3rd 2008 6:13 am

I'll try to be their, if I'm working I might be their at 5 but I'm a fast drinker anyways. I need to introduce my self fist obviously, I'll be the dashing fellow who turns all the heads. :D

soapy© Feb 3rd 2008 6:18 am

Originally Posted by GrayRabbit (Post 5876633)
I'll try to be their, if I'm working I might be their at 5 but I'm a fast drinker anyways. I need to introduce my self fist obviously, I'll be the dashing fellow who turns all the heads. :D

its strange at first, not knowing anyone its strange, but you will get over it.

Dazza49 Feb 3rd 2008 8:40 am

Hi

Hi,
Weather permittimg there is a gold coast meet on sat 9th Feb at the park opposite Australia fair from around 12.30

Ally

soapy© Feb 3rd 2008 8:41 am

Marine Parade side of the shopping ctr ;)

lisas Feb 4th 2008 3:44 am

Hi, can anyone turn up and if so what do we need to bring along apart from ourselves? Other half is working till one so if weather is fine we could turn up a bit later. how long do the meet ups tend to go on for?

soapy© Feb 4th 2008 4:50 am

Originally Posted by lisas (Post 5880957)
Hi, can anyone turn up and if so what do we need to bring along apart from ourselves? Other half is working till one so if weather is fine we could turn up a bit later. how long do the meet ups tend to go on for?

some meets last until the last man is left standing;)
people tend to head home just before it gets dark.
im not sure if theres BBQ there. im sure someone will post later and let you know. if your not sure just bring picnic food.
everyones welcome to a meet. the more the merrier. im sure everyone will be glad to meet you.
good luck:)

no longer in scotland Feb 5th 2008 10:21 am

Originally Posted by soapy (Post 5881069)
some meets last until the last man is left standing;)
people tend to head home just before it gets dark.
im not sure if theres BBQ there. im sure someone will post later and let you know. if your not sure just bring picnic food.
everyones welcome to a meet. the more the merrier. im sure everyone will be glad to meet you.
good luck:)

hi , So who is heading to this meet on sat. !!! Hope the weather is nice just for a wee change.

GrayRabbit Feb 5th 2008 10:42 am

I'll be their, I don't know anyone so this should be fun.

shiels Feb 5th 2008 10:48 am

Originally Posted by lisas (Post 5880957)

Hours.................:thumbsup: C x