British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   meet up in brissy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/meet-up-brissy-663472/)

blurgirl Apr 11th 2010 7:54 am

meet up in brissy

Hi
Me and my husband have just moved to brissy we dont know any one yet
We can go out to brissy without kids and meet up with any one have a drink as we have a baby sitter for kids but we got no friends yet how sad lol
or meet up with kids and do maybe a barbie
So if any one in brissy would like to meet up pm me
:)

Pollyana Apr 11th 2010 9:52 am

Re: meet up in brissy

Originally Posted by blurgirl (Post 8487560)
Hi
We can go out to brissy without kids and meet up with any one have a drink as we have a baby sitter for kids but we got no friends yet how sad lol

Don't do the kiddie thing, but am back in Brisbane at the end of the month and its a while since we've had a good drinking night in the city. Anyone else up for it? I'm sure we can round up a few.......

PAP01 Apr 11th 2010 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8487745)
Don't do the kiddie thing, but am back in Brisbane at the end of the month and its a while since we've had a good drinking night in the city. Anyone else up for it? I'm sure we can round up a few.......

Drinking in the city ? never do that ;) :rofl:

Pollyana Apr 11th 2010 11:15 am

Originally Posted by PAP01 (Post 8487829)
Drinking in the city ? never do that ;) :rofl:

Reformed character are you? :p

pproehann Apr 11th 2010 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by blurgirl (Post 8487560)
Hi

As other thread I'm up for it and have no problem meeting up with the other rabble who've responded so far. Could do City night time or Southbank daytime to suit majority and yourself as the newbie. Can you get babysitter for evening?

blurgirl Apr 11th 2010 11:25 pm

We have a babysitter so can go out without kids one evening
Polyanna when you have a meet up let us know :)

PAP01 Apr 12th 2010 8:46 am

How about 23rd April Saint George day in the pig & whistle it's on a Friday night ;):beer::beer::drinkwine::drinkwine:

blurgirl Apr 12th 2010 9:11 am

Thanks we will be there let us know what time

nickbrissy Apr 12th 2010 9:40 am

id be up for the pig and whistle st georges day let me know if it happens.:thumbsup:

pproehann Apr 12th 2010 10:32 am

23rd is good for me, I've stuck it in my diary. Paul I made first booking so don't be encouraging your other Swiss friend. I'll see if Andy & Marie are up for it as don't think they are going to Twin Waters and boyo can babysit if needs be. Is Polly good to go?

Originally Posted by blurgirl (Post 8488887)
We have a babysitter so can go out without kids one evening
Polyanna when you have a meet up let us know :)

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8487912)
Reformed character are you? :p

Originally Posted by PAP01 (Post 8489563)
How about 23rd April Saint George day in the pig & whistle it's on a Friday night ;):beer::beer::drinkwine::drinkwine:

Originally Posted by nickbrissy (Post 8489644)
id be up for the pig and whistle st georges day let me know if it happens.:thumbsup:

PAP01 Apr 12th 2010 10:59 am

Originally Posted by pproehann (Post 8489748)
23rd is good for me, I've stuck it in my diary. Paul I made first booking so don't be encouraging your other Swiss friend. I'll see if Andy & Marie are up for it as don't think they are going to Twin Waters and boyo can babysit if needs be. Is Polly good to go?

Polly still in the UK, so would think she will need to check her shifts first. Will start a new thread.

New thread started http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=663631

pproehann Apr 12th 2010 11:05 am

Originally Posted by PAP01 (Post 8489798)
Polly still in the UK, so would think she will need to check her shifts first. Will start a new thread.

OK re new thread.

In our complicated world I've pm'd Andy and Marie and a new couple I don't think you've met called Sarah and Darryl on Facebook. Have also posted it on Steve's site.

Pollyana Apr 12th 2010 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by PAP01 (Post 8489798)

New thread started http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=663631

I don't leave the UK till the 23rd, so will catch you guys at the next one :beer: