Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meet??? Redcliffe, D Bay, Scarborough Sandgate lets start to set a date

Meet??? Redcliffe, D Bay, Scarborough Sandgate lets start to set a date

Old Mar 31st 2006, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Meet??? Redcliffe, D Bay, Scarborough Sandgate lets start to set a date

Originally Posted by annqldau
Between us all we should be able to fill the sense of humour part. So 6th of May at the Belvedere can be the target date. Time wise are we making it a 2pm start or later?
We should be able to make that. Where is the Belvedere ? BTW Wargod, we have been around the Northlakes area and it looks lovely. We were in Mango Hill for a short time. Roz I agree, the shopping centre is great too.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 6:30 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meet??? Redcliffe, D Bay, Scarborough Sandgate lets start to set a date

Originally Posted by LesleyM
We should be able to make that. Where is the Belvedere ? BTW Wargod, we have been around the Northlakes area and it looks lovely. We were in Mango Hill for a short time. Roz I agree, the shopping centre is great too.
It's down at Woody Point right next to river nice views.

http://belvederehotel.com.au/

Belvedere Hotel
Suburb: WOODY POINT
General Address: Cnr Oxley Ave & Woodcliffe Crs WOODY POINT QLD 4019
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all
Default Re: Meet??? Redcliffe, D Bay, Scarborough Sandgate lets start to set a date

It's down at Woody Point right next to river nice views.

http://belvederehotel.com.au/

Belvedere Hotel
Suburb: WOODY POINT
General Address: Cnr Oxley Ave & Woodcliffe Crs WOODY POINT QLD 4019
Thanks, we should be able to make it. Just been to the sea in Redcliffe today and it was lovely and warm. I'm still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming and am actually in Australia now.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 8:23 am

Thanks, we should be able to make it. Just been to the sea in Redcliffe today and it was lovely and warm. I'm still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming and am actually in Australia now.
Must admit when we went down to sea the other day we said to friend who is staying with us 'LOL..we live here now you have to go home...LOL'. The heat grows on you and the wet cold days are depressingly English.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 8:33 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Must admit when we went down to sea the other day we said to friend who is staying with us 'LOL..we live here now you have to go home...LOL'. The heat grows on you and the wet cold days are depressingly English.

Hi Anne,
We are up for the 6th May. 2pm sounds good to me as the kids will get a good play in the park and on the grass for a few hours in daylight.
Are we gonna do BBQ or sitting in the Belvedere?
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 9:55 pm

Cool Re: Meet??? Redcliffe, D Bay, Scarborough Sandgate lets start to set a date

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Hi Anne,
We are up for the 6th May. 2pm sounds good to me as the kids will get a good play in the park and on the grass for a few hours in daylight.
Are we gonna do BBQ or sitting in the Belvedere?
Could do either depending on what people want to do.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 7:01 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could do either depending on what people want to do.

Entirely up to everyone else, I really dont mind either way.
I just love being at Woody Point either in the Belvedere or sitting on the grass.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Entirely up to everyone else, I really dont mind either way.
I just love being at Woody Point either in the Belvedere or sitting on the grass.
Quite agree will wait for some feed back from the others.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 2:28 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

BTW Wargod, we have been around the Northlakes area and it looks lovely. We were in Mango Hill for a short time.
Good to hear from a 'local' that it is good - ta !!
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light

Ok when is everyone free for a meet? Lets propose some dates so we can finalise.

Hi everyone - we will be arriving in Brisbane on 7th May and would really like to meet up with everyone - looks like we will just miss out on this meet on the 6th May - do you have these very often and will there be another one this year ?

The greggs family
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by greggsy
Hi everyone - we will be arriving in Brisbane on 7th May and would really like to meet up with everyone - looks like we will just miss out on this meet on the 6th May - do you have these very often and will there be another one this year ?

The greggs family
You tend to find there are frequent meets around Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast for anyone who wants to go just for a drink or to meet new and old people. Very good for helping you find your feet when you first arrive as the others have already had the problems you may be having.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:04 am
Roz from Aus

Roz from Aus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quite agree will wait for some feed back from the others.
Hi there, would love to meet you guys at at the Bel on 6th May @ 2pm, but how will we know you ? it is a big pub the bel.......
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Roz from Aus
Hi there, would love to meet you guys at at the Bel on 6th May @ 2pm, but how will we know you ? it is a big pub the bel.......
We could be sad and someone in each group wear an England shirt of some description or an England hat, or sit with a little paper sign saying expat???

What does everyone suggest, all the men could grow handle bar mustaches?
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:10 am
Roz from Aus

Roz from Aus is an unknown quantity at this point

We could be sad and someone in each group wear an England shirt of some description or an England hat, or sit with a little paper sign saying expat???

What does everyone suggest, all the men could grow handle bar mustaches?
I reckon the England shirt........my Hubby loves to wear it with pride, I have a little Union Jack shoulder bag (made of seqiuns)that I bought at Heathrow on my last trip 5yrs ago I love to take that out too.........pretty sad hey!
Old Apr 4th 2006, 8:17 am

Cool Re: Meet??? Redcliffe, D Bay, Scarborough Sandgate lets start to set a date

Originally Posted by Roz from Aus
I reckon the England shirt........my Hubby loves to wear it with pride, I have a little Union Jack shoulder bag (made of seqiuns)that I bought at Heathrow on my last trip 5yrs ago I love to take that out too.........pretty sad hey!
Well if he wears the shirt and you have the bag we should find you no problem. Will work on meeting at the tables out the front of the Belvedere and can always move inside depending on numbers and how many tables taken when we get there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.