Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meet in the middle-ish Holiday destinations betw Oz + UK? Ideas?

Meet in the middle-ish Holiday destinations betw Oz + UK? Ideas?

Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Default Re: Meet in the middle-ish Holiday destinations betw Oz + UK? Ideas?

Originally Posted by brits1
are you looking at a beach holiday only? good luck
Yes, a beach location would be marvelous!
Old Jan 14th 2013, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Can you get a direct flight to Langkawi from Gatwick?

Are there direct flights to Penang from the UK?

Cheers guys
Old Jan 14th 2013, 8:04 pm
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jacknscoob

Cheers guys
I dont know about Penang, but Langkawi has flights from Kuala Lumpur (Malaysian and Air Asia) and Singapore (Silkair, part of Singapore Airlines) also I think you can get from Bangkok to Langkawi but I didn't investigate that option when I went. I would probably advise going via KUL as then you do your immigration once at KUL, not twice for SIN and Langkawi. The Airport is like the rest of the island, small and still in the 1970's (in a good way).
Old Jan 15th 2013, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derab
I dont know about Penang, but Langkawi has flights from Kuala Lumpur (Malaysian and Air Asia) and Singapore (Silkair, part of Singapore Airlines) also I think you can get from Bangkok to Langkawi but I didn't investigate that option when I went. I would probably advise going via KUL as then you do your immigration once at KUL, not twice for SIN and Langkawi. The Airport is like the rest of the island, small and still in the 1970's (in a good way).
Air Asia from Singapore too

Direct flights from Gatwick - unlikely. Direct flights to KL, Sing, and Bangkok from Heathrow then shoot from there.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 12:31 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

The Queensland Tourism Minister, after stating that Queenslanders should holiday at home to boost the economy, spent her Christmas break in the Maldives on the basis that it was halfway between Queensland and her daughter's home in the UK.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 12:47 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

south africa
Old Jan 15th 2013, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Are there direct flights to Penang from the UK?

Cheers guys
I will check, I know that we have a stopover as we fly from Manchester if we fly Malaysian Airways, we change at KL and if I remember rightly its then a 30min flight to Penang.....What about Antigua? good weather all year round, you can rent some excellent places at the moment at good prices, its just short of a 9 hour flight from Manchester uk.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 8:31 am
Just Joined

mel39 is on a distinguished road

Sri Lanka? 10 hour direct flight from Heathrow via Sri Lankan airlines - or Emirates with a stop off in Dubai. Similar travel time from Oz via Singapore.

Stunning beaches, great weather, great hotels , brilliant sight seeing opportunities, wild elephants, rain forest - anything else? :-)

We have just done aholiday where Oz and UK sides of the family met up in SL and it worked really well.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great, thanks guys for all the ideas!

Has anyone ever holiday'd in Bali travelling from the UK? Or know anyone who has.

Is it a goer at all from the UK or a big loada agg? I only ask because we are going there anyway and just wondered.

Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone ever holiday'd in Bali travelling from the UK? Or know anyone who has.

Is it a goer at all from the UK or a big loada agg? I only ask because we are going there anyway and just wondered.

Not exactly in the middle.

It is a long journey from UK, I think you can see this easily enough if you do a search on expedia or something similar.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I've done it before. Flight to Singapore then flight to Bali. No big deal really in comparision to any other beach destination in Asia. Either way you are going to have to fly to a hub like Singapore, Bangkok, or KL then catch another flight from there.

For those coming from Oz they have the luxury of direct flights to places like Bali or Phuket.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
I've done it before. Flight to Singapore then flight to Bali. No big deal really in comparision to any other beach destination in Asia. Either way you are going to have to fly to a hub like Singapore, Bangkok, or KL then catch another flight from there.

For those coming from Oz they have the luxury of direct flights to places like Bali or Phuket.
I would not want to make that long flight from the UK just for Bali....mind you I would not fly from Perth to Bali.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I would not want to make that long flight from the UK just for Bali....mind you I would not fly from Perth to Bali.
Nor would I if I was to hit downtown Kuta.

As I recently discovered there are so many different sides to Bali.

You can buy a Bintang t-shirt and feral it up or go super high class.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beoz
Nor would I if I was to hit downtown Kuta.

As I recently discovered there are so many different sides to Bali.

You can buy a Bintang t-shirt and feral it up or go super high class.
LOL it would have to be SUPER DUPER HIGH CLASS to tempt me.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOL it would have to be SUPER DUPER HIGH CLASS to tempt me.
Perhaps you should try it. The top 10 hotels on Tripadvisor should satisfy your needs. No Bintang shirts allowed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.