Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meet Kings Park, Perth 4th December

Meet Kings Park, Perth 4th December

Old Nov 16th 2005, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Meet Kings Park, Perth 4th December

12noon 4th December near Sticky Beak Cafe, Lottery West family area, Kings Park everyone welcome, the more the merrier, be lovely to meet other BE's.

Does anyone know how to book the undercover area near the playarea of Sticky Beaks, anyone going to Kings Park in next couple of weeks, depending on how many plan to come it may be worth booking it, does anyone know if you have to pay for it though?

Nicola
Old Nov 16th 2005, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Meet Kings Park, Perth 4th December

Originally Posted by Mrs Rangersman
12noon 4th December near Sticky Beak Cafe, Lottery West family area, Kings Park everyone welcome, the more the merrier, be lovely to meet other BE's.

Does anyone know how to book the undercover area near the playarea of Sticky Beaks, anyone going to Kings Park in next couple of weeks, depending on how many plan to come it may be worth booking it, does anyone know if you have to pay for it though?

Nicola

Hi Nicola, we are definately going to be there. Looking forward to it.
Carole Dougie and Bethany
Old Nov 16th 2005, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

We'll definitely be there too (if we can find it? ), we land on the 3rd. No kids with us this time as they'll still be in Scotland with Grandma . Hopefully the next meet will be a family one .
Tracey & Ian
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:17 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

meetings meetings...it's making me envious, I hope there will be more to come in time for me when I get out there.

Have fun on the 4th.

Claire
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

hi nicola,

had a look on kings park website & found out this

If I have a gathering in Kings Park and Botanic Garden for around 40 people do I need to book and does a fee apply?

If you are using the grassed area and you have under 50 people, you are not required to book.
If you have 50 to 100 people you are required to notify the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority of the gathering, however no fee is required if you are only using grassed areas.
If there is over 100 people or you would like to reserve a pavilion, a fee is required.

There are catering and alcohol consumption restrictions that apply to all gatherings, regardless of number. Please call the Bookings Officer if you have any queries on 9480 3659.

hope that helps
we should be around on that day still - see you there

pootle26

also dunno if you are aware but the playground is undergoing renovations - not sure to what extent tho as never been there - bit too young for my boys

copied this from website too

Exciting developments are underway to upgrade this popular playground and family area with funding support from Lotterywest through the Friends of Kings Park.

Plans include improving play areas within the Ivey Watson Playground for toddlers up to pre-primary age and new play elements to cater for families and older children outside the fenced area.

Stickybeaks Cafe will continue to operate while construction is underway.

Works have commenced and are due for completion mid 2006. Stickybeaks Cafe will be still be open during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time

anway thought i let u know
pootle26

Last edited by pootle26; Nov 16th 2005 at 10:46 am.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sam, eould the other area be better where we met before? Where was that again?
Nic
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

Hi Sam, eould the other area be better where we met before? Where was that again?
Nic

the other play area is called the western power playground - i didnt realise that the other one was having work done - i expect that is why it was so busy - im not sure wether that will be the best one - depends on the ages of the kids that are going i suppose
i dont mind either way - just thought i would let you know
from reading on the website they would charge for using the sheltered areas -we have a gazebo we could bring if you like - not sure how many would fit under - its fairly large - will need help putting it up though!!!

are there many people going??

ttfn

pootle26
Old Nov 17th 2005, 1:06 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We'll be arriving in Perth on 27 December for a validation trip (leaving again 7 January). If there is a "meeting" between those two dates, we'd love to come!!!

Gina
Old Nov 19th 2005, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

Hi Guys, cmon lets get some more names for the day out. Make it a good one before xmas for all us newbies.
Carole
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

Here!Here!
I think Western Power playground is going to be better due to renovations at Lottery West, 12noon?
Nicola
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rangersman
Here!Here!
I think Western Power playground is going to be better due to renovations at Lottery West, 12noon?
Nicola

hi nicola

we will be along -
who else is coming ???

ttfn

pootle26
Old Nov 21st 2005, 4:03 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Nicola

Not going to be able to make it - we have tickets for "Rock It".
Hope you all have a great time and hopefully we will be able to make the next one.

Sam & Iain (worzel)
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi
I just want to check if the meeting is still on for next Sunday. Hopefully more names will be put on this thread and make it a good one. Especially before xmas we could all be doing with a day spent away from the shops.
Carole
Old Nov 28th 2005, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

What's the concensus for a meet on Sunday at Kings Park, from what I can tell there maybe a few families do we still want to meet????Or would a date after christmas be better??
Nicola
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:52 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I was there Can't wait

Whatever you arrange, enjoy it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.