Reload this Page >

Meet & greet Service??

Meet & greet Service??

Old Dec 6th 2003, 8:28 am
M e M b E r

gordon_flash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meet & greet Service??

Hi all,

I was just checking the settlement information when I noticed that in SA they operate a meet and greet service (volunteer aided) for newly arrived migrants.

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/sit...te_nav_id=2994

This is a great service and may save a new migrant lot of trouble, if he/she does not have friends/relatives in the region.

I tried locating similar services for other places viz victoria, ACT,NSW, QLD etc but could not come up with any information.

Anybody know of similar services offered by these states?

Cheers

Gordon
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:31 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Meet & greet Service??

Originally posted by gordon_flash
Hi all,

I was just checking the settlement information when I noticed that in SA they operate a meet and greet service (volunteer aided) for newly arrived migrants.

This is a great service and may save a new migrant lot of trouble, if he/she does not have friends/relatives in the region.

I tried locating similar services for other places viz victoria, ACT,NSW, QLD etc but could not come up with any information.

Thats a great idea, maybe i'll start doing one,
just not sure of the "free" volunteer bit

Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks ABC, I'll let you know the flight times. Very genorous of you.
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:34 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meet & greet Service??

Originally posted by gordon_flash
Hi all,

Cheers

Gordon
Isnt it part of the scheme under the STNI visa??
They also have short term (expensive) accomodation too, if its available.
sue
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:38 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by mcmercer
Thanks ABC, I'll let you know the flight times. Very genorous of you.
What part of Brisbane are you coming to ?

Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

Northish suburbs, we've not sorted accomodation yet, we dont arrive till Feb! Any recomendations gratefully received.
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:45 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by mcmercer
Northish suburbs, we've not sorted accomodation yet, we dont arrive till Feb! Any recomendations gratefully received.
I'm in Bayside south. Plenty of great areas North side, get near to the water if you can, you get the cooling bay breezes.

Have you looked at the various web sites for houses ? Plenty of rentals being advertised.

Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

Yes, we've been looking for some time, seems to be plenty around for rental, we'll look seriously after xmas, arrive 22nd feb so have a little time yet. We'll get as close to the water as we can afford!