Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meds Requested - But further info needed!

Wikiposts

Meds Requested - But further info needed!

Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Ratman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meds Requested - But further info needed!

At last, We have just recieved our request for medicals!!! Our application was ack 11/11/03.
In that time our son has turned 18, we now have to prove that he is solely dependant on us - He is a college but has a part time job - can anyone help me on what I need to send.....I am starting to worry!!!!!!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:14 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

maybe college regestration forms, references from his tutour that he is full time, etc? Just a guess though......

Oh and a copy of something like the electoral role to proove that he lives at home???
Old Jun 12th 2004, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanks - hadnt thought of the electrol roll, any other ideas would be great
Old Jun 12th 2004, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

If he has a bank account - perhaps the statements would help (a) of proof of address and (b) proof of lack of financial independence....?

Good luck with it all.

BTW - have you asked DIMIA what they consider as suitable evidence?.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:04 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds Requested - But further info needed!

Originally posted by Ratman
At last, We have just recieved our request for medicals!!! Our application was ack 11/11/03.
In that time our son has turned 18, we now have to prove that he is solely dependant on us - He is a college but has a part time job - can anyone help me on what I need to send.....I am starting to worry!!!!!!
Ratman

Do a search on the archives and see if you can find anything on this. However, I should caution you that failure to provide adequate and acceptable proof of dependancy will result in your son's removal from your application as a part of your migrating family unit - i.e. his visa won't be granted if you all get yours.

As you mentioned he has a part time job, that might throw a spanner in the works. You should consider discussing your case with a registered migration agent who has experience in these matters straight away.

Peter
Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

cat5 will become famous soon enoughcat5 will become famous soon enough

Hi ratman

We are in the same position as you ,we also have an 18year old who is currently doing her final exams and has 2 part time jobs, which we did state on our application (47sk), we attached a copy of a letter from her school head of department and a copy of our child benefit letter.....as she is not in full time work.

I'm sure the DIMIA must realise that a part time job is not enough to be independant! considering the cost of housing etc etc

We are going to cross that bridge when we come to it...........

what else can you do!!!

cat5
Old Jun 13th 2004, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the info, our son only works 11 hours a week, dont think thats enough before they consider him independant. I have read that if they work over 25 hours then theres coarse for concern.

Hope i have read right!!!
Old Jun 13th 2004, 8:43 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

thanks for the info, our son only works 11 hours a week, dont think thats enough before they consider him independant. I have read that if they work over 25 hours then theres coarse for concern.

Hope i have read right!!!

If hes only working 11 hours a week he can't even be getting taxed (other than NI) can he?? I dont see how someone who's not contributing to the economy can be classed as independent! IMO (and as Peter suggested) I'd get some advice, would be a shame to overlook something and end up with him off the visa!!
Old Jun 14th 2004, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Smile

thanks for all the advise - probably the best thing to do !