Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meds Question LADIES ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meds Question LADIES ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 19th 2006, 4:37 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meds Question LADIES ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got Meds to be done on Thursday 23rd, the usual monthly started today and was wondering how this will affect me.

HELP!!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 4:41 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Meds Question LADIES ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
I got Meds to be done on Thursday 23rd, the usual monthly started today and was wondering how this will affect me.

HELP!!
Just in case you were wondering I am a lady!! You can still have the medical but you will need to return about 5-7 days after the end of your monthly to have the urine test.

Good luck and don't sweat it!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 4:45 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I can't remember which thread, but someone on here said it didn't matter at all, just when you do the urine sample take it mid-stream (sorry!!).

Good luck!!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 5:43 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ws99
Hi,

I can't remember which thread, but someone on here said it didn't matter at all, just when you do the urine sample take it mid-stream (sorry!!).

Good luck!!
There was a similar thread posted recently and a lot of women said they had done thier urine test mid-cycle and told the doc the situation and there was no problem with it.

Nic
Old Nov 19th 2006, 6:52 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

HELP!!
I was due a few days after our meds and had a trace of blood show in my urine test!!! Was fine on second test so that was ok, but I asked what would have happened it it had showed again and doctor said that I would have had to keep going to my own GP's daily until it tested clear. Hope this helps. C x
Old Nov 19th 2006, 7:24 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone

I think i will just let them know when i get there and see how things go

Can`t wait till this part is over and done with :scared:

Leeanne
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:15 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone

I think i will just let them know when i get there and see how things go

Can`t wait till this part is over and done with :scared:

Leeanne
Oh the joys of being a woman Best of luck with your meds.

Gill
Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:47 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter started her period the day of our medicals - we just told the doctor and he said it was fine - she didn't need any further samples.

Good luck
Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:59 pm
Caroline

Caroline B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LouiseD
My daughter started her period the day of our medicals - we just told the doctor and he said it was fine - she didn't need any further samples.

Good luck
Same thing happened to us but we had to retest at a later date to avoid blood in urine, depends on your doctor.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 8:12 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

I had this as I was 'due' (makes you wonder what people are thinking of this thread) so lovely doctor gave me some of those ph strip thingies and told me to make an appointment and come back when it was clear.
After 3 weeks it still wasn't clear.
Phoned, he told me to see my GP.
Got referred to hospital to have a camera to have a good look around, all the time thinking Oh my god, I'm going to stop my family getting to Oz, wish I hadn't drunk so much Strongbow in my youth!
Verdict: "you just have leaky kidneys, some people do and runners quite often pee blood at the end of a marathon, we get on average 1 person a week who is emigrating that get sent to us for tests"
So don't worry even if there is still traces of blood, all is not lost.

HTH,

LJJ
Old Nov 20th 2006, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi

Got meds done beginning of September. Wasnt advised of problem with "time of the month". Wasnt "on". Did urine test and they did the pH strip.
It seems that every panel doctor is different (even within surgeries). Why not give them a quick call and re-assure yourself. Dont forget you have enough swimming in your head with all the visa stuff without having to worry about this too....

Hope all is ok and good luck for 23rd, I'm sure all will be ok. Just drink buckets of water for 48 hrs beforehand....

Out of curiosity I notice your Avatar and that you are going to Perth. Do you know where yet? Im from Glasgow although lived in Manchester for years and we are going to Perth, Mandurah area, hopefully beginning of 2007.

Kind regards

Watty'n'Arls
xx
Old Nov 21st 2006, 12:38 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Wear a tampon.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 1:28 pm
UK is Home

Where are we heading? Now that has very recently become a big Question!

We had originally set ourselves on going to Sydney. BUT! for some reason we started looking at Perth and have been for the best part of a year Anyway we done a lot of thinking and decided this is where we would head until the OH got a call from his Brother just last night and he thinks we are still heading out to Sydney. :scared:

To be honest we know if we head that way there will be a bit of security with regards to accommodation for the first few months and no problems on the job front as he already told the OH when we were there last year for a few weeks not to worry about any of that as he knows that many people he will have this sorted for us getting there.

We just aint had the time to sit down and talk about things yet, just another thing to think about in the whole confusing process. HELP!!!

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
Hi

Got meds done beginning of September. Wasnt advised of problem with "time of the month". Wasnt "on". Did urine test and they did the pH strip.
It seems that every panel doctor is different (even within surgeries). Why not give them a quick call and re-assure yourself. Dont forget you have enough swimming in your head with all the visa stuff without having to worry about this too....

Hope all is ok and good luck for 23rd, I'm sure all will be ok. Just drink buckets of water for 48 hrs beforehand....

Out of curiosity I notice your Avatar and that you are going to Perth. Do you know where yet? Im from Glasgow although lived in Manchester for years and we are going to Perth, Mandurah area, hopefully beginning of 2007.

Kind regards

Watty'n'Arls
xx
Old Nov 21st 2006, 1:42 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, I'm so sorry but everytime I see a thread like this it reminds me of the infamous 3 holes saga

D D
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:39 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Oh dear, I'm so sorry but everytime I see a thread like this it reminds me of the infamous 3 holes saga

D D
Where have you been hiding - not seen you posting much ?

And Sunny-glesga .......... has this thread got anything to do with why you are so excited ??????