Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meds query- can anyone help?

Wikiposts

Meds query- can anyone help?

Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Question Meds query- can anyone help?

I have FINALLY got my meds requests through after nearly a year of waiting
It is requesting that all members of the family unit go for medical check ups.

My daughter is 7 years old and an Australian citizen- the whole point of getting her citizenship(by descent) before we left, was to save on having her meds done as well.Does she need to have them? Can she not just travel over with her father(also an Australian)

I would be grateful for any info regarding this.

Thanks

Rachel
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:32 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice
Default Re: Meds query- can anyone help?

Originally Posted by desperate2go
I have FINALLY got my meds requests through after nearly a year of waiting
It is requesting that all members of the family unit go for medical check ups.

My daughter is 7 years old and an Australian citizen- the whole point of getting her citizenship(by descent) before we left, was to save on having her meds done as well.Does she need to have them? Can she not just travel over with her father(also an Australian)

I would be grateful for any info regarding this.

Thanks

Rachel
Are you sure it's not just a standard letter. Surely if hubby and daughter have citizenship they're not on the application and shouldn't need meds. I'm not an expert but to me I would of thought they could come and go as they please!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Are you sure it's not just a standard letter. Surely if hubby and daughter have citizenship they're not on the application and shouldn't need meds. I'm not an expert but to me I would of thought they could come and go as they please!
He is my ex and she was originally on the visa application in case she was not granted citizenship(trying to cover all eventualities!)
I did update them on her status and they have asked to see her citizenship form but the letter still states all members of the family unit regardless of whether they are migrating or not.

I, like you, would have thought that she would not need a medical (as they cant turn her down) but wondered if they would ask for it as she is travelling with me. Thats why i wondered if it would be different if we travelled with her Dad too.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:50 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi

first of all Congrats on the Meds. You went quite for a while
I think its a standard letter that you gor. As per the form all the dependants in the application have to go through the meds. In your case it's different. So try to email the CO and ask for clarifications.

Hoep it helps
Badri
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My girls didn't need meds but already had their citizenship and weren't on the application.

Try asking on the immigration forum or e-mailing your CO for confirmation.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by badri
Hi

first of all Congrats on the Meds. You went quite for a while
I think its a standard letter that you gor. As per the form all the dependants in the application have to go through the meds. In your case it's different. So try to email the CO and ask for clarifications.

Hoep it helps
Badri
Thanks Badri
Hope yours come through very soon
R
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
My girls didn't need meds but already had their citizenship and weren't on the application.

Try asking on the immigration forum or e-mailing your CO for confirmation.
I have emailed.......now just another wait
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:02 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by desperate2go
I have emailed.......now just another wait
I think once the co is allocated mostly they respond soon. So I don't think you will be waiting long.

HAve you already done your meds. If not just plan them so that by time you get the reply everything is set

I hope ours get soon too

Remember we frontloaded everything

Atleast DIMIA kept up their words that they will process your application next week and next week it was.

Badri