Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meds & Police checks

Meds & Police checks

Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all
Question Meds & Police checks

Hi - I'm having a panick!

DIMA received my application for 136 visa on May 29th. In the last week I have received requests for medicals and police checks.

It states on the form that they need a response by 5th Feb, and I'm not sure how long this all of this will take?? I'm on nights, then on holiday, so realistically difficult for me to do much until the New Year. :scared:

It says on the form that all my family require medicals whether they are emigrating or not.
Does this include my parents & brother (who are not going) ? I have no husband/children etc.

What order do I do things in? I have the list of panel Dr's. Do I phone them first to book app. complete forms and take them along?
Do I scan/send off the completed forms from Dr? or does the Dr? Form says 'evidence of undergoing medical examination'

I've read that the police checks may take longer. Anyone know how long? Should I do these first? Do they all get sent together with the cover letter?

Sorry, I've just woken up and read the requests, and time scales !!!!!
Any help gratefully received.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Meds & Police checks

Originally Posted by sunflower7

DIMA received my application for 136 visa on May 29th. In the last week I have received requests for medicals and police checks.

It states on the form that they need a response by 5th Feb, and I'm not sure how long this all of this will take?? I'm on nights, then on holiday, so realistically difficult for me to do much until the New Year. :scared:

It says on the form that all my family require medicals whether they are emigrating or not.
Does this include my parents & brother (who are not going) ? I have no husband/children etc.

What order do I do things in? I have the list of panel Dr's. Do I phone them first to book app. complete forms and take them along?
Do I scan/send off the completed forms from Dr? or does the Dr? Form says 'evidence of undergoing medical examination'

I've read that the police checks may take longer. Anyone know how long? Should I do these first? Do they all get sent together with the cover letter?

Hi we just did this a few weeks ago. I would book your medical with a panel Dr as there maybe abit of a wait. Take the forms along with your sections completed and once the medical/x-rays are done they send off the forms. Everyone who lives with you require medicals whether emigrating or not. Our police checks only took a week to be returned but I guess this depends on how busy your area is. Regarding 'evidence' I just ticked the box and wrote the date we got our meds along side it. I send police checks in with cover letter and sent them off. Hope this helps. Donna & Neil.
I feel for you Know what night shift does to the brain
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

It states on the form that they need a response by 5th Feb, and I'm not sure how long this all of this will take?? I'm on nights, then on holiday, so realistically difficult for me to do much until the New Year.

Hi, we only have 28 days to return all our stuff
We went on net for details of police checks and downloaded the forms, it will explain what you need to do. But they generally take up to 40 days to come back!!!
We booked our meds the day after receiving request and couldn't get in until 20th dec, or after xmas with another centre, so book soon and sort out the pcc's.

Good luck
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Just noticed you're in the west mids, us too you'll either go to selly park, which was full until after xmas or handsworth wood, which is where we've booked. I'll let you know how it went next week :scared: :scared:
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i can't help or advise about the medicals but when our migration agent asked us to get teh police checks ready my husband was totally confused and phoned up the police (don't worry he didnt' dial 999)
and asked, you can download the form off the internet fill it in with two forms of id either original or photocopied (i.e passport and driving license) the woman my husband spoke to said that even with xmas they were returning these within 5-6 weeks of receiving them apparently they send you confirmation they have received the documents.

Hopefully should give you time? The form doesn't take long to fill in we did ours and sent it off recorded delivery next day.

Jen
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by curly
Hi, we only have 28 days to return all our stuff
We went on net for details of police checks and downloaded the forms, it will explain what you need to do. But they generally take up to 40 days to come back!!!
We booked our meds the day after receiving request and couldn't get in until 20th dec, or after xmas with another centre, so book soon and sort out the pcc's.

Good luck
Can you mark your police checks up as urgent??? and include a note saying the date you need to get police checks sent off to DIMA???
Not sure it'll help but maybe worth a try ???

Jen
Old Dec 13th 2006, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JenJen
Can you mark your police checks up as urgent??? and include a note saying the date you need to get police checks sent off to DIMA???
Not sure it'll help but maybe worth a try ???

Jen
Good idea Jen, but we'd already sent off for the pcc's by a few days when we had the request typical eh?? !!!!!

N
Old Dec 13th 2006, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely police checks first - if you can't download form then go to local police station. They can take 40 working days to come back.
Then book medicals - if you end up having to get them done at short notice then remember you can travel anywhere you want, so there is always the option of going further afield to somewhere that does have space when you want it.

Good luck!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

Good idea Jen, but we'd already sent off for the pcc's by a few days when we had the request typical eh?? !!!!!

N
Lol sorry curly

Have you been confirmation they've recieved it if so is there a contact number? Could phone and just put your dilema forward ????

Jen
Old Dec 13th 2006, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JenJen
Lol sorry curly

Have you been confirmation they've recieved it if so is there a contact number? Could phone and just put your dilema forward ????

Jen
yes had confirmation after a few days, to tell us they'd forwarded it to scotland yard no number though!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:21 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

yes had confirmation after a few days, to tell us they'd forwarded it to scotland yard no number though!
DON'T PANIC!! the CO's are aware of the timelines for police checks. As long as you have proof of sending them off by the 28 day deadline, they are fine. Our Oz police checks took 8 weeks. After the police checks were done, it took 3 months for our AOS stuff to be sorted. So don't worry! everyone is in the same position.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

If you need to download police forms for west mercia - here they are

http://www.westmercia.police.uk/foi/dataform.pdf

We've done these and had our meds at handsowrth wood medical centre today
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Thanks Donna & Neil, Curly, JenJen, C&R and Phoenix for all your help.

Only just got the reply, the National Grid blew a fuse at 17.20hrs yesterday and cut all my electric off before I had chance to look. Just great having to get ready for work by candle light - Ho Hum, how romantic...

It seems that the police checks may take longer, so I managed to download form 47P overnight, also form 1101 & the West Mercia police form. Now I'm overloaded, and want to start the ball rolling before Christmas.
Do I contact my local police station in Solihull for the form to complete, at www.police.uk? What happens with form 1101?

They have sent me form 80, although I already sent this with my 136 application. Do they need it again for police or something else?
Still confused with request for medicals for family whether they are emigrating or not. I do not live with anyone else, so do I really need to get medicals for my brother and parents???

Cheers for advice, I will ring Handsworth and Selly Park up for an app. then take the completed forms with me.

OMG this is the last hurdle, great timing with nights, a trip abroad then Christmas & NY.... like the buses, all at once!
Thanks all, off to bed now
Old Dec 14th 2006, 8:47 am
skye

Thanks Donna & Neil, Curly, JenJen, C&R and Phoenix for all your help.

Only just got the reply, the National Grid blew a fuse at 17.20hrs yesterday and cut all my electric off before I had chance to look. Just great having to get ready for work by candle light - Ho Hum, how romantic...

It seems that the police checks may take longer, so I managed to download form 47P overnight, also form 1101 & the West Mercia police form. Now I'm overloaded, and want to start the ball rolling before Christmas.
Do I contact my local police station in Solihull for the form to complete, at www.police.uk? What happens with form 1101?

They have sent me form 80, although I already sent this with my 136 application. Do they need it again for police or something else?
Still confused with request for medicals for family whether they are emigrating or not. I do not live with anyone else, so do I really need to get medicals for my brother and parents???

Cheers for advice, I will ring Handsworth and Selly Park up for an app. then take the completed forms with me.

OMG this is the last hurdle, great timing with nights, a trip abroad then Christmas & NY.... like the buses, all at once!
Thanks all, off to bed now

Mate,

nip in to solihull nick and ask for the data protection officer, take copies of relevant docs and a cheque (£10) for each form. He can give you the form(s) there and then. He (or she) will send them off to Lloyd House HQ. You'll then get a letter stating it's all been sent off to Scotland Yard and return averages out about 30 days.

Old Dec 14th 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

JulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of light

Nope, you only need to have a medical for yourself so don't worry about other family members who don't live with you and are not emigrating.

Jules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.