Reload this Page >

Meds in or Near North Wales

Meds in or Near North Wales

Old Mar 18th 2005, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

racheybabe is on a distinguished road
Default Meds in or Near North Wales

Hi All

Mum and Dad need a spot of advice. They have received their meds questionnaire and have been asked to go to Wrexham. however, Wrexham cannot "do" them for a month and a bit and their form needs to be back by then. Does anyone know if you can go just anywhere, or if not, does anyone have addresses of other places in Wales or Liverpool, Birmingham or Manchester.

Thank you for all your help.

Angel Blessings

Racheybabe
Old Mar 18th 2005, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

simsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nice
Default Re: Meds in or Near North Wales

Hi,
There are only 4 Panel Doctors in Wales,
1. Wrexham
2. Trethomas (Caerphilly T - 029 2086 8011)
3. Cardiff (x2) T - 029 2048 6168 and 029 2048 5526

When I`ve enquired about Meds in Cardiff, they have given me about 2 weeks waiting time, hope its of some help.

Sorry but I can`t help you on Liverpool / Birmingham / Manchester.

Martin

WALES FOR THE GRAND SLAM !!!!!!
Old Mar 18th 2005, 8:38 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by racheybabe
Hi All

Mum and Dad need a spot of advice. They have received their meds questionnaire and have been asked to go to Wrexham. however, Wrexham cannot "do" them for a month and a bit and their form needs to be back by then. Does anyone know if you can go just anywhere, or if not, does anyone have addresses of other places in Wales or Liverpool, Birmingham or Manchester.

Angel Blessings

Racheybabe
My mother-in-law had a severe chest infection and couldn't go for her medical until she got the all clear as there was shadowing on her lungs. She contacted the powers that be and got a 49 day extension granted as easy as pie. You could always fall back on this option as a last resort if necessary.

Good luck.

Binbird
Old Mar 18th 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

Hi All

Angel Blessings

Racheybabe
Dr Million St Johns Street Manchester 0161 834 4122 or see AHC London website www.australia.org then click on panel doctors to see the whole UK list
Old Mar 19th 2005, 2:46 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

What about Shrewsbury??

Depends where you are in Wales I suppose. It takes me about 40 minutes to Wrexham.

When I phoned around, Wrexham, Manchester, Birmingham, Stoke on Trent, in the end Shrewsbury (both Xray and meds) were quicker. Down side is that they are not combined.

Good luck.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

racheybabe is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much everyone!!!

I have passed on the info to Mum and Dad. shrewsbury sounds like a good bet

Originally Posted by webgum
What about Shrewsbury??

Depends where you are in Wales I suppose. It takes me about 40 minutes to Wrexham.

When I phoned around, Wrexham, Manchester, Birmingham, Stoke on Trent, in the end Shrewsbury (both Xray and meds) were quicker. Down side is that they are not combined.

Good luck.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 11:32 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

I went to Wrexham and if it was me again I would ask them for a cancellation, very quick and I have to say it the panel doctor is very lax so if they are panicing about anything they would be fine with him. Honestly he barely looks at you.

Jenny
Old Mar 20th 2005, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Druid
Dr Million St Johns Street Manchester 0161 834 4122 or see AHC London website www.australia.org then click on panel doctors to see the whole UK list

We can higly recommend these doctors as well, they do X rays and full medical in same place, really nice doctor and put the kids at ease as well.
Also quite cheap

Good luck
D,K,J,B,J
Old Mar 21st 2005, 10:52 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Angel Blessings

Racheybabe

We were able to go to any panel doctor in the UK... is worth trying to make sure the Radiologist is at the same place so all the details can be sent off at the same time to Oz, loads cheaper!

Steve