Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meds lost - where do I stand??

Meds lost - where do I stand??

Old Jul 18th 2005, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

sid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nice
Unhappy Meds lost - where do I stand??

I'm living in the US right now so have been processing my visa through the Australian Washington embassy. I thought everything was in so emailed my CO at the end of last week as I was hoping to get the visa any day. She then emailed me back to tell me she was waiting for the meds - that were done in April!!

In the US there is a list of panel doctors you must use and only one in my city. I went there. Firstly they seemed unsure where to send the meds (they were supposed to send them to Washington). They did send them there and my CO returned them - with xrays - directly to me because they had missed out half the information they were supposed to complete. I took them back to the doctor's office and they told me they would complete them and send them on - that was beginning of May. Now nobody knows where they are. They tell me that they sent them by Fedex mid-May but don't know whether they sent them to Australia or Washington and say they have no tracking information. Any suggestions what I can do? I have already paid these clowns $500 for all this. I can't believe I'm going to have to pay them again and hope they get it right next time