Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meds and how easy they are!

Meds and how easy they are!

Old Mar 19th 2004, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

kaz101 will become famous soon enoughkaz101 will become famous soon enough
Default Meds and how easy they are!

Today we had our meds in Hitchin, Herts with Dr Stanley.
We arrived too early which was just as well since we hadn't filled in the forms!
The first thing we had were the chest x-rays. Since I wore a top without buttons or zips I just had to take off my bra but I didn't have to get any vital bits cold!

Next a nurse took our heights and weight. This isn't something I admit to but height 172cms (approx 5ft 7ins) and weight 100kgs (approx 15st 7lbs and that's after losing weight!).

Next we were shown into the doctors room (after a short weight). Checked our passports, and wrote down a few things. Dr Stanley is lovely and really put us at our ease. We had to touch our toes (which I can't do and he said that's fine), checked ears, eyes (with eye chart) and throat, breathing and heart. Checked my boobs for me, (and looked at hubby while asking him to cough). Checked reflexes, scrapped bottom of our feet, checked that while laying down we could hold up our legs against some force, checked blood pressure and took some blood (for HIV test etc).

It really was incredibly simple. I asked whether he could tell us anything, was there anything that we could be rejected on. He said that obviously he doesn't make those decisions but if there was anything dodgy with our health he would have told us, and my weight could be against me slightly, but he doesn't know how Adelaide deals with that. Really they are looking for anything serious.

From some of the other posts on the expat forum I know that women with a higher BMI than mine have got in, so we're being positive.

To all those (especially PP) who have yet to go through this DON'T WORRY! I spent days working myself up over this, and it really was simple. As soon I get the results I will post them so that you all know how it went.

I'm not fit, I'm overweight, and luckily my blood pressure is normal.

Good Luck to Everyone else!

TTFN,
Karen
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:00 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meds and how easy they are!

Originally posted by kaz101
my weight could be against me slightly

Good Luck to Everyone else!

TTFN,
Karen
You need to lose some serious weight, kitten.

Thanks for a great and honest post but time to get down the kilos.

Glad it all went well.

Why not eat less, exercise more.

Not all the fat cats are in the City, eh?
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

We spent some time a few weeks back with Dr Stanley!!!Top bloke...Nice and easy going not very chatty but why should he be??!!!Good with the kids and called with blood results as promised..Sent meds off for us .

Easy peasy!!!!
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
You need to lose some serious weight, kitten.

Thanks for a great and honest post but time to get down the kilos.

Glad it all went well.

Why not eat less, exercise more.

Not all the fat cats are in the City, eh?
I have lost weight - I've lost over 2 stone to get DOWN to that weight!

I really know the Weighwatchers plan very well!

TTFN,
Karen
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:26 pm
Don
Banned

I have lost weight - I've lost over 2 stone to get DOWN to that weight!

I really know the Weighwatchers plan very well!

TTFN,
Karen
Yeah, right, well done but a much healthier weight for your height would be at least 30kg less otherwise you're heading for an early grave.

Ectomorph, endomorph, you're still WELL FAT.

Sometimes you need someone who's not your best friend to tell you the truth.

OK, I am prepared to be hated by you for the rest of my days but that's the beauty of internet. Get on a fitness regime tomorrow and you won't regret it. :lecture: :lecture: :lecture:
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:32 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Crikey, thats a bit harsh!
I thought I was the most offensive person on this forum, looks like I was wrong.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, right, well done but a much healthier weight for your height would be at least 30kg less otherwise you're heading for an early grave.

Ectomorph, endomorph, you're still WELL FAT.

Sometimes you need someone who's not your best friend to tell you the truth.

OK, I am prepared to be hated by you for the rest of my days but that's the beauty of internet. Get on a fitness regime tomorrow and you won't regret it. :lecture: :lecture: :lecture:
Hey I know I'm fat - I can get told that from a bunch of kids when I'm walking down the road. Sorry but I really don't need it here too. I didn't put it here to get told I should lose weight - I did it to try to reassure some of the people who may be worried.

Some people find it much harder than others to lose weight.

K.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:36 pm
Don
Banned

Hey I know I'm fat - I can get told that from a bunch of kids when I'm walking down the road. Sorry but I really don't need it here too. I didn't put it here to get told I should lose weight - I did it to try to reassure some of the people who may be worried.

Some people find it much harder than others to lose weight.

K.
Don't mean to offend you.

Sorry.

Heartfelt apologies.

Your post was very honest and made many 'fatties' realise that weight isn't a big issue as regards meds.

Keep eating the chocs etc, good luck.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

And the award for biggest T W A * goes to.....................................

What a ******
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by scottalison6
And the award for biggest T W A * goes to.....................................

What a ******
Actually those were my thoughts too on Pleasancefamily but I'm much too much of a lady to say it!

cheers,
Karen
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:10 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

That is such a terrible reply to an honest post. Give her a break as she is trying to do something about her weight she doesn't need a stupid idiot giving her such horrible comments. Get a life a think about how to show people some respect.

I'm glad that I know that the majority of people that are migrating to Australia aren't so shallow and small minded idiots otherwise I would be very concerned at moving there or being associated with them.

Before you ask no I am not over weight, ugly or anything else that you could possible find to criticise - oh hang on I'm a woman does that count???????

Well done Karen for getting there and bloody brilliant news that it went so well, I hope to have a beer with you at some time in the future.

Sasha
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:21 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Actually those were my thoughts too on Pleasancefamily but I'm much too much of a lady to say it!

cheers,
Karen
Karen,

Heh, heh, me too

Well done on all that weight loss btw - I know how tough it is.

Anya.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:21 pm
Don
Banned

Aha. I see that nowadays if someone eats too much, doesn't exercise enough and is well obese with a big fat arse, we can't comment on it?

Probably a glandular problem - yeah, right.

Perhaps you sandal-wearers and tree-huggers should reflect on the fact that you'd do more good to the fatarse if you told him/ her to eat less and exercise more, do more good to the alcoholic if you told him/ her to drink less and find more stimulation/ interests elsewhere, do more good to the druggie if you told him/ her to quit and get engaged with society etc etc.

These people are screwing up their lives and a short sharp comment might help them think about their predicament.

Instead of which you want to encourage them in their obesity, alcoholism, drug dependency. Well done.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:25 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

How about people that talk to much crap?

SHUT UP!!
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:27 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Aha. I see that nowadays if someone eats too much, doesn't exercise enough and is well obese with a big fat arse, we can't comment on it?

Probably a glandular problem - yeah, right.

Perhaps you sandal-wearers and tree-huggers should reflect on the fact that you'd do more good to the fatarse if you told him/ her to eat less and exercise more, do more good to the alcoholic if you told him/ her to drink less and find more stimulation/ interests elsewhere, do more good to the druggie if you told him/ her to quit and get engaged with society etc etc.

These people are screwing up their lives and a short sharp comment might help them think about their predicament.

Instead of which you want to encourage them in their obesity, alcoholism, drug dependency. Well done.
YIKES!! Troll Alert, Ladies!!! Troll Alert !! (either that or he/she has forgotten their happy pills today).

Karen, Sasha, wanna join me for a beer..... ?

Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.