Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meds in Carlisle?

Meds in Carlisle?

Old Apr 9th 2006, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of
Question Meds in Carlisle?

Hi,anyone had meds in Carlisle,we got them booked there for next week,wife is terrified of needles,hope they take her blood pressure first!Cheers Dave
Old Apr 9th 2006, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds in Carlisle?

Originally Posted by weeman111
Hi,anyone had meds in Carlisle,we got them booked there for next week,wife is terrified of needles,hope they take her blood pressure first!Cheers Dave
I didn't go there for my meds, but I am also a bit crap with needles. Tell her to look away and keep talking to the doctor, it worked for me, never felt a thing. I have to have blood tests every six months and it's the first time It hasn't bothered me at all
Old Apr 9th 2006, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WendyC
I didn't go there for my meds, but I am also a bit crap with needles. Tell her to look away and keep talking to the doctor, it worked for me, never felt a thing. I have to have blood tests every six months and it's the first time It hasn't bothered me at all
To be honest Iam not the best with them as well,we are both a bit worried,I suppose it is only natural,cheers Dave
Old Apr 10th 2006, 2:26 am
Just Joined

CLAIREDEREK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weeman111
Hi Dave

We had our medicals done there last April. Doc was very friendly and very thorough (i.e. breast check for me & hubbie got his bits felt!).

I don't like needles either and just asked to lie down. It was fine - I hardly felt a thing.

They did the bloods last.

Good luck

Claire
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:30 am
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

Hi Dave,

We live in Dumfries so went to Carlsle for our meds. Doctor was friendly and very chatty to our son. Had him pretending he was his assistant and holding all the equipment. Made us all feel very relaxed.

The surgery was a bit rough and ready but they are apparently waiting to go in to a new building so haven't really done much with the decor lately.

As a nurse, I can honestly say he was one of the quickest and most efficient person I have seen take blood. The sample was taken in about 20 secs.