Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meds to Adelaide

Meds to Adelaide

Old Nov 5th 2004, 6:14 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Question Meds to Adelaide

Hope anyone offer some help and advice....

We had our meds in early October, and I have been told by the postal service that the package (meds results) actually left the country on the 23rd of October.

I Have been in contact with our case officer and he tells me that the package has still not arrived.....

Does anyone know how long these things take?

Maybe I am worrying over nothing, but being soooooo bloody close to getting (hopefully) our visas, I would hate for these damn things to be lost .

If anyone has info on how long we should expect it to take to actually get to Oz I would appreciate knowing if I am being concerned about nothing or not....

Thanks, Gary
Old Nov 5th 2004, 9:09 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds to Adelaide

Depends how you sent it !.

DHL's/Fedex quickest delivery to Aus from UK is about 3-4 working days.

Air Mail takes about 7-10 days

If its not airmail ;-) ... I think royal mail wait for micheal palin's next programme and batch it all up with him to take.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Please be aware that even after it physically arrives at ASPC, it will not land ont he case officers desk for approximately 2 weeks after that date. It will be "in their system" being processed. Then, after the case officer sees them, they are posted off to Sydney for assessment. This then takes anything up to 6 weeks to come back from there!!!

I know this because i had cause to speak to the manager of ASPC during our onshore application, and even though we live in Adelaide, we had to wait 7 weeks all told from sending it in!!
Old Nov 5th 2004, 9:32 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Please be aware that even after it physically arrives at ASPC, it will not land ont he case officers desk for approximately 2 weeks after that date. It will be "in their system" being processed. Then, after the case officer sees them, they are posted off to Sydney for assessment. This then takes anything up to 6 weeks to come back from there!!!

I know this because i had cause to speak to the manager of ASPC during our onshore application, and even though we live in Adelaide, we had to wait 7 weeks all told from sending it in!!
:scared: :scared:
Old Nov 6th 2004, 6:24 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply.

They were send International Signed For using Royal Mail. I have used the tracking number to determine what is going on. But the website is, IMHO, bloody useless as it only tells me that it is in Oz and that is all.

I contacted their customer service department who have told me to call back on Wednesday if it has still not arived as they will then consider it lost mail :scared:. Of course by that time it will be about 19 days since despatch. I guess the real frustrating thing is that I know when we sent our migration request to Adelaide it was there withing 10 days, I know this because they debited my credit card about 10 days after I sent the package and the only way they could have done that is to have had my migration request. So of course I am using that as a benchmark for how long our meds should take to reach our case officer.

Sooooo guess I will wait until wednesday.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Gary

Originally Posted by spalen
Depends how you sent it !.

DHL's/Fedex quickest delivery to Aus from UK is about 3-4 working days.

Air Mail takes about 7-10 days

If its not airmail ;-) ... I think royal mail wait for micheal palin's next programme and batch it all up with him to take.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 6:27 am
gsb
Cake or Death

Hi PP

You had to wait 7 weeks!!!! :scared:

I hope that does not happen, because they are required to be with our case officer on the 15th of November. He is aware they are on their way though, because I mailed nim on the day they were posted by the Hospital.

Guess I might have to be patient (sorry, no pun intended)

Thanks for the reply.

Gary

Originally Posted by podgypossum

Old Nov 13th 2004, 12:28 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

Angry Re: Meds to Adelaide

Well 8 days later and still no sign of our meds in Oz. Having spoken to Royal Snail they tell me that the package will not be considered lost until 25 days (working days) have passed. So we have a further two weeks to go before I am able to make a formal application for these idiots to do any research into where our bloody meds have gone!

Our DIMIA application took 6 days to get there. So as we posted our Police checks on Monday, I bet there get there before our Meds!! Ho Hum....You would think it was bad enough that the Hospital sent the meds to the wrong address, but now for them to have seemingly evaporated just adds to the frustration of being soooo bloody close to this.

Anyway have done a little looking into what the process is.....and it aint amusing.....according to the Royal Snail it can take up to 2 months.....yes 2 bloody months to track a package. Sooooo we may not find out until, well, ealry Feb 05...... No chance of getting Visas before Christmas now then I guess.

Maybe I am expecting too much, I dunno.

The only saving grace, for what it is worth, is that our case officer said that at worst we would have to re take our meds.....of course we have a spare £500 lying around , because I dont doubt that we will have fight on to get compensation .

Best of luck to anyone else who is waiting to to hear from DIMIA or TRA for that matter....

A very frustrated, gsb.....