medicare

Old Nov 10th 2003, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future
Default medicare

Hi

Does anyone know if you have to have a permanent address (and proof of it) in australia before you can apply for a medicare number. We are in temp accom for the forst 15 days, but i will need to have access to a doc before this? I've done a search and there are plenty of "i think" replies but nothing concrete.

Lynn
Old Nov 10th 2003, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

bertie100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default not sure

not sure - but the medicare website might help....

http://www.hic.gov.au/yourhealth/our_services/msfy.htm
Old Nov 10th 2003, 8:31 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

All they wanted when I went in was my passport with the visa in it.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by downunderpom
All they wanted when I went in was my passport with the visa in it.
same here - just a passport & visa. they didnt need 'proof' of address but did want to know where to send the medicare cards to.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: medicare

Originally posted by lynnj
Hi

Does anyone know if you have to have a permanent address (and proof of it) in australia before you can apply for a medicare number. We are in temp accom for the forst 15 days, but i will need to have access to a doc before this? I've done a search and there are plenty of "i think" replies but nothing concrete.

Lynn

Hi Lynn
We had to wait a week to sign up to medicare as we weren't through on their system yet. All they needed was passports and an address to send the cards to. You could have your mail redirected after the 15 days is up in temp accomodation, then just let them know your new address.

good luck
yve
Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:50 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: medicare

Originally posted by lynnj
Hi

Lynn
I was only in my temp accomodation for two weeks but applied for a Medicare card and got one. You should be ok as long as they can see your passport has the relevant visa.

Oh Yeh, and you have to wait at least 7 days before applying for your entry to get through the system.

Good Luck!!!! Hope all goes well for you
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:17 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

we had all our mail posted to sophia bless her....thanks soph!

do you have a contact that already lives there??

other wise have a P.O box...dunno how to sort that tho