Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals and xrays

Medicals and xrays

Old May 22nd 2005, 6:45 pm
Sarrob

Smile Medicals and xrays

Any one had there medicals and xrays done need to know how much they cost and the best place to get them done 2 adults 1 child Lancashire area Cheers

Old May 23rd 2005, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Medicals and xrays

Originally Posted by Sarrob
Any one had there medicals and xrays done need to know how much they cost and the best place to get them done 2 adults 1 child Lancashire area Cheers
The costs vary, according to where you have them done. We had ours done in Southampton. The x-rays cost £50 each and the meds were £130 per adult and £100 per child.

The best thing to do is to ring round the panel doctors in your area for cost and appointment availability, as some of them may not have appointments available for weeks/months away.

Hope this helps

Tracy
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:40 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Dr. Million in Manchester - £90 each for meds, £20 each for blood tests, £40 each for X-rays and £10 each for courier charge. More if you need extra blood tests.
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:04 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

What a very appropriate name for a doctor who gets to do the migrant medicals.

Made me laugh anyway!!!!!

TT

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Dr. Million in Manchester - £90 each for meds, £20 each for blood tests, £40 each for X-rays and £10 each for courier charge. More if you need extra blood tests.
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

purple swatch will become famous soon enough

Hi there,
Hudderfield charge£100 adult includes hiv blood test,£15 for hepb/c,£15 for urine sample to go to the lab,child £50,very thorough,blaine age 4 got the same medical as myself and hubby.xrays done at St Johns street manchester £40 and couriered to the medical practice
where abouts in lancs are you? Huddersfield is really easy to get to,5 mins from mway
all the best debs
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:28 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

go onto the aussie gov website and do a search for panel doctors, this should bring up an adobe file which has all the addresses on there, did try and attatch it but file was to big. any probs and i will email to you

andy
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Medicals and xrays

Having ours done on June 15th in Bournemouth X-rays cost £71 each and medicals £130 each
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:13 pm
Sarrob

Thumbs up Re: Medicals and xrays

Originally Posted by tracyd
The costs vary, according to where you have them done. We had ours done in Southampton. The x-rays cost £50 each and the meds were £130 per adult and £100 per child.

The best thing to do is to ring round the panel doctors in your area for cost and appointment availability, as some of them may not have appointments available for weeks/months away.

Hope this helps

Tracy
Thanks Tracy will do that

Old May 23rd 2005, 9:16 pm
Sarrob

Originally Posted by purple swatch
Hi there,
Hudderfield charge£100 adult includes hiv blood test,£15 for hepb/c,£15 for urine sample to go to the lab,child £50,very thorough,blaine age 4 got the same medical as myself and hubby.xrays done at St Johns street manchester £40 and couriered to the medical practice
where abouts in lancs are you? Huddersfield is really easy to get to,5 mins from mway
all the best debs
That sounds great were near accrington so its only about 40mins away do you think we should get them done now or wait till we are asked for them?

Old May 23rd 2005, 9:18 pm
Sarrob

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Thats is great quite cheap dont supose you have got a phone No or address for him

Old Jun 6th 2005, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

stubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nice

Hi,
my wife and I are about to start the medical cost lottery game. we've been quoted £150-£200 each for the med. plus £70 X ray each , and as my wife is a nurse there's a hep B test , which could put the cost for us both at approx. +£600- This seems very high, having looked at the posts on BE. We're in S Wales -I've done the ringing round and are thinking about the Bristol panel, the costs are far more reasonable - has anyone been there? and can advise as to their experiences - good,bad or indifferent ?
Tony
Originally Posted by tracyd
The costs vary, according to where you have them done. We had ours done in Southampton. The x-rays cost ?50 each and the meds were ?130 per adult and ?100 per child.

Hope this helps

Tracy
Old Jun 6th 2005, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road

Having mine done in Preston.

Costing £45 for X-ray and £90 for Medical and £30 for each blood test

Seems ok... receptionist was very nice, however have to go to two different places for them done.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:10 pm
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about

It does seem to vary greatly depending on which doctor you go to. We went to Kingston and paid £45 for each x-ray and £100 for each adult medical (£45 for the baby who was only 8 weeks old - bit of a swizz having to pay for her I thought!). Blood test/urine sample costs were included in the medical cost but the courier charges were an extra £50. Still think its outrageous what they charge for 15 minutes of their time! Wish I was on that sort of hourly rate... actually any sort of rate would be good at the moment. When you give up work to have a baby you do miss the extra income (and sleep!!).
Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

stubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nice

Originally Posted by poppet
It does seem to vary greatly depending on which doctor you go to. We went to Kingston and paid £45 for each x-ray and £100 for each adult medical (£45 for the baby who was only 8 weeks old - bit of a swizz having to pay for her I thought!). Blood test/urine sample costs were included in the medical cost but the courier charges were an extra £50. Still think its outrageous what they charge for 15 minutes of their time! Wish I was on that sort of hourly rate... actually any sort of rate would be good at the moment. When you give up work to have a baby you do miss the extra income (and sleep!!).
I agree with you totally- talk about post code lottery- (should be lootery) - up side is that it'll all be worth it one day!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 9:05 pm
Sarrob

Originally Posted by Cat_Harrison
Having mine done in Preston.

Costing £45 for X-ray and £90 for Medical and £30 for each blood test

Seems ok... receptionist was very nice, however have to go to two different places for them done.
Thanks for the info you dont know the phone No or the address do you please cheers